Good picnic areas

StephanieL

Hi all. I am located on Ecclesall Road and was wondering where there were good picnic areas that are safe and alcohol friendly/legal (we are planning on bringing some cans of cider, nothing crazy). We do not have a car, so it must be within walking distance. We are not too picky but ideally, we'd like a lawn to sit on and read a good book on. Thanks in advance!

I was going to post but the 'cans of cider' bit put me off.

I've known it be 'only a few cans' before. A few cans too many. Drunken yobs unable to control themselves and ruing it for everybody.

A picnic should a civilised affair and why have the drink anyway?

I was going to post but the 'cans of cider' bit put me off.

I've known it be 'only a few cans' before. A few cans too many. Drunken yobs unable to control themselves and ruing it for everybody.

A picnic should a civilised affair and why have the drink anyway?

Uh, that's a bit rude to be assuming that we're going to be "drunken yobs" in public. I'd like to have a nice "civilised" picnic with wine with my boyfriend but he doesn't enjoy wine, so a few cans of cider it really will be.

---------- Post added 28-07-2013 at 21:12 ----------

Please make sure you take your empty cans and sandwich wrappers home with you, I hate to see area's that have been kitted out with picnic table and benches seemingly awash with discarded rubbish

It never even crossed my mind to leave rubbish out.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Archived