Do you have to be left-wing if you want to teach politics?

It is wrong but I don't see what can be done about it.

Encourage intelligent right wing people to accept less money than they would otherwise make to become lecturers. I doubt you'd find it easy though.

Anyway, what about all the Tories with degrees in PPE? The first P in PPE is politics and they don't seem to have been indoctrinated with left wing ideas.

Is this the same small guy who keeps making a fool of himself in the Speaker's chair , speculators say he is having a bit of a meltdown when wife Sally is away . He's definitely pro-Labour , not conservative , and is a bit of a class bully .

Shhh, don't let facts get in the way of crazy right wing conspiracy theories.

Oh I think more academics are left leaning than right for the reason I've mentioned. I just don't think it's the issue that's being claimed. I doubt many business studies lecturers argue for the collective ownership of the means of production for instance. ;)

---------- Post added 28-07-2013 at 22:44 ----------

Is this the same small guy who keeps making a fool of himself in the Speaker's chair , speculators say he is having a bit of a meltdown when wife Sally is away . He's definitely pro-Labour , not conservative , and is a bit of a class bully .

From an average Conservative point of view, balanced, which the speaker is supposed to be, will appear pro-Labour.

He's Conservative MP for Buckingham

Am getting very tired , have to be up in the morning for a proper job , must be nice for the University's lecturers to have a proper job and go back in September , respect is due to all you Left-wing academics , think I must have joined the wrong political party !

He's a Conservative member of parliament.

That fact notwithstanding, are you familiar with the general model of taught degrees in the UK? Via the tutorial model, it's expected that undergraduates will construct evidence with which to challenge their tutors. That's how it works. Your argument may, therefore, suggest that the UK undergraduate system is designed to breed right wingers. I don't believe it is. But I also don't believe you have much of an idea what you are talking about.

You have to be left wing to KNOW anything about politics. All the right wing do is lie, fiddle, have leaders who are mates with THE WONGA.COM boss.

Being right wing means 'making it up as you go along'.

Just look at our Forum right wingers................'nuff said.......

---------- Post added 28-07-2013 at 23:23 ----------

Am getting very tired , have to be up in the morning for a proper job , must be nice for the University's lecturers to have a proper job and go back in September , respect is due to all you Left-wing academics , think I must have joined the wrong political party !

You most certainly did. Go to the bottom of the class.:roll:

Archived