Blades V Notts County Friday 2nd August

Bypassblade

Lets be fair, it's not like the game got arranged on the Thursday is it?

We've known about this fixture and tickets have been available for over a month now.

If you get caught in the last minute queues, there is only one person to blame, and it isn't SUFC.

Perhaps so if you are a diehard supporter. I'm not but I now live 15 minutes walk away from the ground and am looking for a club to watch. If it takes me half an hour to get a ticket to get into the ground or I have to call in days before the game then I'm unlikely to go (anyway I only decided to go 45 mins before ko). So it is SUFC's problem if they lose potential new supporters through slowness in the ticket office. There were also plenty of frustrated regulars around me in the queue who said they usually got a ticket in a few minutes and the wait for pre-paid tickets seemed to be equally as long. So I think SUFC do have a problem.

Anyway, nice to start with a win but shame I missed it.

Lets be fair, it's not like the game got arranged on the Thursday is it?

We've known about this fixture and tickets have been available for over a month now.

If you get caught in the last minute queues, there is only one person to blame, and it isn't SUFC.

It took half an hour for me to get a ticket, and even though I was there at 7-10 I just about made it in for kick off. There were only 20 people in front of me at the queue, so couldn't understand why such delays. Not everyone knows in advance whether they will be able to make it or not.

Anyway, was really pleased yesterday. As long as the team play as they do and give everything I will be more than happy. If anything, the fans need to show some patience some time - When Notts equalised for the next 6 minutes (the time it got us to get back in front) the fans became impatient with the passing and urged the team to throw the ball forward. We need to get behind the team as it will not always go for us.

To say how little time Weir has had with this squad to mould them together as a coherent team and get the new players integrated,last night was a credit to him and the players who have obviously taken on board his method and coaching.We kept the ball well,passed it well,didn't give it away cheaply,we controlled the game,found space and moved around the pitch well,we had options,we attacked down both flanks and the centre,we got the ball back quickly and broke most of their attacks up before they got near the danger areas,we looked calm and confident,we made them run and chase us,we got in behind them and we defended from the front when we were not in possession.After 2 months,probably less with holidays,this was the result,lets hope that this is just the starting point and the longer the squad is together,the more progress it makes.

Their goal was disappointing,Harry seemed to get muscled out of it on the edge of the area,but he more than made up for it,and maybe I am being a bit harsh,but I thought Long could have got down quicker to make a save.

What a great feeling to come away smiling.

We looked good, great passing, great team work.

Yes we played against 10 men for the majority, but we were on top before that.

This has shut a lot of doubters up.

Its the oposite.

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 08:37 ----------

If it was at s6 it would have been the greatest game ever played

They packed the defence every time we attacked

After the sending off the only thing on their mind was to 'hopefully' score on the break and keep us out

IMO last season we would have lost this we rarely do well against 10 men

71% possession 28 shots to us and 19 fouls to them tells the story

Most Wednedayites have agreed United played well and look good for promotion but that is not good enough for thee is it !tha still has a dig no matter what owls comment on here.

Nasty comes to mind.

Gotta disagree, passed it well , but created little, on that showing I think you'll struggle this season, there are far better teams than NC and they had a few chances, other teams will punish you, some nice football, yes, but end product is what counts.

Just my opinion.

Webby. speedy just answer this, how do you know there are better teams than us this season, have you both been to the other 23 on spying missions. I'm all up for a laugh but even I give praise when you lot play well, some of you it just seems to stick in the gullet, and will take any opportunity to have a snipe at United.

I think you'll find the end product was a win, I think that Weir will play that style when it suits, but he is very astute and will play "horses for courses", hopefully he's not a one trick pony like you lot have got.

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 09:42 ----------

To be fair, United wont be up against 10 men for 75 minutes in most of there games this season!

And to be fair ANYONE that knows anything about football knows, that playing against 10 is harder. It is a fact they abandon front & midfield & pack defence, and then knock the hopeful long ball forward (route one) whcih County did, United last season would have lost; but credit to them they passed it about & scored a lovely 2nd goal.

Only time will tell, this season but as I said last night 13 points clear of Coventry.:hihi:

Hard to say how well you lot played against 10 men,Brentford will be a good test.

Thought the ref also gave you a lot last night,Fatty McGuire surely handballed just before you got the free kick.

Still thought the sending off was harsh and spoilt what could have been a more even game.

I thought they looked good tonight. Brandy was outstanding but will learn quickly that if you try to go past League 1 players that you may get away with it once or twice but you'll get kicked for the rest of the match.

Alot of passing and switching wings. The finishing couldve been better but a 4-2-3-1 formation worked well.

24 shots on goal will bring results in the season.

I agree and Brandy will find himself on the floor very often, but he's exciting to watch I thought Taylor did well but Porter did hold the ball well, in 1st half but his finishing is woeful but he could improve, he just needs 1 to go in.

Hard to say how well you lot played against 10 men,Brentford will be a good test.

Thought the ref also gave you a lot last night,Fatty McGuire surely handballed just before you got the free kick.

Still thought the sending off was harsh and spoilt what could have been a more even game.

So you don't think kicking someone in the rib with the studs is a sending off then. Do you expect to see blood before it should be a red?

We also had a couple of great penalty shouts which you 've obviously forgot. Typical

If it was at s6 it would have been the greatest game ever played

They packed the defence every time we attacked

After the sending off the only thing on their mind was to 'hopefully' score on the break and keep us out

IMO last season we would have lost this we rarely do well against 10 men

71% possession 28 shots to us and 19 fouls to them tells the story

It was the first game of the season, alot of new faces & was good to see a good mix of black players in there which Sheffield united has lacked over the years.

Good width and passing along the ground. I was at the Preston game in April and it was one of the worst games of football ive ever seen. A complete mess.

Yesterday was a huge improvement so credit where credits due. Im sure i'll be moaning around Christmas time as usual.

I had a little chuckle at the team sheet though, with the amount of Gealic names in there....:hihi:

Murphy

McGinty

McGinn

McFadzean

McDonald

Maguire

Flynn

Doyle

Collins

Coady

Archived