Blades V Notts County Friday 2nd August

Bypassblade

Football,its a contact sport.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 10:41 ----------

He's got the man,high up on his body with his studs,exactly the same as the other 2................it's a red card.

"Challenges that endanger the safety of an opponent are unacceptable and you have the courage, quite correctly, to go to the straight red," Hackett told his officials at a pre-season meeting. "The player has to have control over the speed and intensity of the challenge. It is your duty to see, think and act. You cannot buck the responsibility."

Barton should have gone then as should many others,if this is the case we will finish up with 5 on each side.

I think this going to have to be a case of having to agree to disagree, some think it was a definite red, me included, some don't, but it just seems to be going round in circles now. On the match, what a difference in the team from last season, even the returning players looked better, and as for the new guys, i was very impressed, Brandy looks like he is going to be a handful for opposing defences and i wish Weir had started with Taylor instead of Porter, and what has happened to Westlake, he was like a completely different player...:thumbsup::thumbsup: All in all a good all-round performance, still a bit of work to be done but all the signs are good and i have to agree with Grappler about McGuire, play to the whistle....:rant:

well I've seen the replay and I can see why there may be some differing views however I've always said killgallons red was deserved in the derby so even though the guy got the ball i'd have to say he had to go, much higher and united player would of got a boot to the head. I do believe dangerous play should overrule whether he gets the ball so it's a red for me

I was pleased with the passing style of play, very effective, and Brandy looks a real handful, it should have been a penalty when he was brought down in their box.

Maguire needs to play to the whistle, yes it was a foul on him, but stopping play and looking at the ref is no good, if the ref doesn't blow, keep going, that cost us a goal.

Brandy was released from a full body lock by the defender a split second before he went down and got booked.

Showumni had his forearm in Harry's throat all the way the ball was in the air coming to them,as he made his space that way and they came apart for him to take the shot,he still had a handfull of his shirt,still think Long should have got something on it.

For the winner,Porter totally blocked off the defender,enabling Harry to get to the header completely free.

Correct Corks ...Ref was in the perfect spot to see it mate and don't know why ukdobby is even trying to argue it was only a yellow :loopy::loopy:

Well I ref and I would have had no hesitation to walk them, if that caught him any higher it could have broke the players neck.

Well I ref and I would have had no hesitation to walk them, if that caught him any higher it could have broke the players neck.

I'll stand by the question I asked earlier which he seems to have ignored post 118

"Would it have been a red if it was against say Antonio or Johnson? "and 123

"Would the posters saying it wasn't a red have said if McD had ended up in Hospital or would it have been a dive"

Football,its a contact sport.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 10:41 ----------

Barton should have gone then as should many others,if this is the case we will finish up with 5 on each side.

Yes its a contact sport, its not 'lets see how high we can lift our leg with studs to try and take the other persons head off sport!

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 14:52 ----------

It was a certain sending off, serious foul play is being kind...

It was, i would say the same whether it was one of our men to do it or not. Its one thing i cant stand. Dangerous play.

Archived