Blades V Notts County Friday 2nd August

Bypassblade

Yes its a contact sport, its not 'lets see how high we can lift our leg with studs to try and take the other persons head off sport!

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 14:52 ----------

It was, i would say the same whether it was one of our men to do it or not. Its one thing i cant stand. Dangerous play.

Absolutely...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll stand by the question I asked earlier which he seems to have ignored post 118

"Would it have been a red if it was against say Antonio or Johnson? "and 123

"Would the posters saying it wasn't a red have said if McD had ended up in Hospital or would it have been a dive"

The way our luck goes regarding penalties and red cards,then proberly not:( But get your point paul,it was a defo red for me.

The way our luck goes regarding penalties and red cards,then proberly not:( But get your point paul,it was a defo red for me.

I know what your saying Gary I thought the first appeal of yours was a definite 1 for you but not sure about the second while not a lover of anything Barton it looked in my opinion that Maghoma was going down before and was looking for a chance to turn the falling into a 9.5 dive to get a pen perhaps if he had gone straight down you may have got it

It seemed that Barton put his leg in and it looked like the knees gave each other a 'blown kiss' he left his leg there so the ref could see where it was (clever)

At the end tho I have seen them given more than not but as I said before that's my opinion

In real time play and with the view of a spectator, it looked harsh, but the TV pictures dont lie, it was an awful challange and fully worthy of the sending off.

Stroud the ref whos known for giving out reds and yellows just for a laugh was in a perfect position to make the call and got it 100% right this time

Like all you lot did with Morgan and Killgannon,I don,t think so.

My opinion is he played the ball with no intention,a booking would have been suffice.

I reiterate post #133...:)

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 21:36 ----------

My opinion is he played the ball with no intention,a booking would have been suffice.

I condemned Morgan for his elbow on Hume when it happened, there is no place for stuff like that in todays football, and i met Hume a few times after and saw the consequences of Morg's actions, so don't go tarring 'us lot' with the same brush Dobby...

Every owl on here except you think it was a red you are the only one who didn't perhaps that shows that maybe your view on the incident could be wrong or is all theirs

Why bring Morgan into the equation it was not a high boot nor a sending off

If you want to talk about elbows then perhaps Johnson's on Cresswell, Naughton, or even Ward can be brought into play some have short memories

But you are open about it unlike poster on post 127 that all ignored

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 21:48 ----------

I reiterate post #133...:)

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 21:36 ----------

I condemned Morgan for his elbow on Hume when it happened, there is no place for stuff like that in todays football, and i met Hume a few times after and saw the consequences of Morg's actions, so don't go tarring 'us lot' with the same brush Dobby...

He is like a dog with a bone won't let go of it I think if you said tonight it is going to be dark he'd argue that it wasn't

Utd are like the Titanic.

Starts off really well with a fanfare, all the hype etc.....pleasurable crusing and then when everything seems great, they hit the iceberg (around March of every season), then for the final few weeks we have the agony of watching the ship sinking slowly.

The final weeks of the season involve the usual Playoff fiasco with Utd desperatly flapping around in the water before dying in the end.

Archived