Blades V Notts County Friday 2nd August

Bypassblade

Utd are like the Titanic.

Starts off really well with a fanfare, all the hype etc.....pleasurable crusing and then when everything seems great, they hit the iceberg (around March of every season), then for the final few weeks we have the agony of watching the ship sinking slowly.

The final weeks of the season involve the usual Playoff fiasco with Utd desperatly flapping around in the water before dying in the end.

Forgive us for having this brief moment of positivity. We saw Sheffield United players who knew how to pass to each other which is a very unusual sight.

Normal service will be resumed in no time and we shall go back to grumbling about even the good times weren't all that good really.

That Notts County strip is hideous.

I reiterate post #133...:)

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 21:36 ----------

I condemned Morgan for his elbow on Hume when it happened, there is no place for stuff like that in todays football, and i met Hume a few times after and saw the consequences of Morg's actions, so don't go tarring 'us lot' with the same brush Dobby...

OK then a lot of you saw no harm in what Morgan did and Kilgannon.

---------- Post added 05-08-2013 at 07:53 ----------

Every owl on here except you think it was a red you are the only one who didn't perhaps that shows that maybe your view on the incident could be wrong or is all theirs

All the other Owls might like curries,I don't,I am not a sheep and have my opinion which I will still stick to.

Why bring Morgan into the equation it was not a high boot nor a sending off

[/color]

He is like a dog with a bone won't let go of it I think if you said tonight it is going to be dark he'd argue that it wasn't

No I wouldn't,If I think its dark I say so.

I brought Morgan in it because it was mentioned if it was blade it would be frowned upon too

I watched the game on TV on Friday night and was pleasantly surprised.

The two games I caught of Utd last season on the TV I thought they were awful. The standard was that of a pub team with an inablilty to pass the ball 10 yards, poor close control and a tendancy to hoof it at every opportunity.

On Friday they tried to keep the ball on the ground, the passing and movement was thoughtful and they looked like a proper professional football team. Although it was against 10 men for the majority of the game, I'm not convinced they could have played like that last season against 5 men.

The only real negatives for me were the final ball into the box could have been better and the quality of the finishing. I can see why Porter is in the team, he's a useful link up player at this level, but when it comes to shooting I think someone put his feet on the wrong way around.

Overall though I thought it was very good and worthy of an 8/10. Whether they can maintain that level of passing against 11 men when the pitches get heavier is another matter, but Weir strikes me as a very thoughtful manager who will be able to adapt the style of play to suit the circumstances.

There's a long way to go, but at least for the first time in over a year I can say - I enjoyed watching SUFC play football.

Regards

Doom

Forgive us for having this brief moment of positivity. We saw Sheffield United players who knew how to pass to each other which is a very unusual sight.

Normal service will be resumed in no time and we shall go back to grumbling about even the good times weren't all that good really.

That Notts County strip is hideous.

Hahaha, have you ever seen the episode of Big Bang Theory where Sheldon goes to a party dressed as the Doppler Effect, that's just what County's kit reminded me of... Bet the fans wearing it are going to have a nightmare at the self service tills in Asda...

It's amazing how many saw that t0$$er Johnson elbow Naughton, he got away with it, THAT NEEDS ERADICATING FROM OUR GAME

And on Cresswell seems a bit of blue viewed memories from our s6 poster

The worst thing is he got away with it TWICE and they think he is a angel but Morgan who also according to the FA was cleared is the devil incarnate

• 3 months later...
Just posted this on a Blades Forum...

Excellent result for us there, two very well taken goals. One question though, what were Barcelona doing playing in our shirts ?

Seriously, the way we passed the ball was premiership standard and at one point i counted 30 odd passes. We didn't hoof it out from the back, rather played the simple ball which created chance after chance. Notts County didn't have a prayer when we started passing it and it told at the end when their defender decided to foul McDonald in the corner.

If this is a sign of things to come, this season should be very interesting.

Well done lads.

UTB !!!

Just one hopeful and many more.

Pete passes Dobby a cloth to wipe egg off his face, sorry mate read all the posts on here and none say we are going up, or that Weir is or was the Messiah.

Typical of him tho Pete pulling up a thread almost 4 months old trying to score points and failing miserably AGAIN

Pete passes Dobby a cloth to wipe egg off his face, sorry mate read all the posts on here and none say we are going up, or that Weir is or was the Messiah.

Barcelona,premiership,that to me is promotion nailed on.As for the other numpty,thought he had me on ignore,don't yer get fed up of havin him on your shoulder.

---------- Post added 29-11-2013 at 21:33 ----------

Typical of him tho Pete pulling up a thread almost 4 months old trying to score points and failing miserably AGAIN

Brought it up cos you lot are in denial as to Weir taking you lot to heaven.

Barcelona,premiership,that to me is promotion nailed on.As for the other numpty,thought he had me on ignore,don't yer get fed up of havin him on your shoulder.

no disrespect but this seems a bit petty owl or not. How can we even try to score points against them when we are equally as poor in fact worse on recent form?

tell you something as well, I doubt either team will get promoted this year but if anyone is to or is either of us is to even make the playoffs then it will most certainly be them.

Archived