Blades V Notts County Friday 2nd August

Bypassblade

Just posted this on a Blades Forum...

Excellent result for us there, two very well taken goals. One question though, what were Barcelona doing playing in our shirts ?

Seriously, the way we passed the ball was premiership standard and at one point i counted 30 odd passes. We didn't hoof it out from the back, rather played the simple ball which created chance after chance. Notts County didn't have a prayer when we started passing it and it told at the end when their defender decided to foul McDonald in the corner.

If this is a sign of things to come, this season should be very interesting.

Well done lads.

UTB !!!

To be fair I think there will be bigger tests coming up in the future, Notts County could well struggle to stay up this season...

But a wins a win and doing it in a style where the fans enjoy, well you can't complain :)

Gotta disagree, passed it well , but created little, on that showing I think you'll struggle this season, there are far better teams than NC and they had a few chances, other teams will punish you, some nice football, yes, but end product is what counts.

Just my opinion.

Good start for United, well done :)

Cheers Corks, long way to go though yet, still a lot of work to be done on tonights performance, Sheffield clubs are very good at letting us down, but looked pretty promising... Good luck to all you Owls at QPR tomorrow...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gotta disagree, passed it well , but created little, on that showing I think you'll struggle this season, there are far better teams than NC and they had a few chances, other teams will punish you, some nice football, yes, but end product is what counts.

Just my opinion.

Created little ? We had 20 odd attempts at goal to their 4.

Just my opinion.

Agree with you Web, but i think if we start with the right strikeforce, Taylor instead of Porter, then maybe, just maybe... But it would be nice to have Miller back in the starting lineup..

Cheers Corks, long way to go though yet, still a lot of work to be done on tonights performance, Sheffield clubs are very good at letting us down, but looked pretty promising... Good luck to all you Owls at QPR tomorrow...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice one Longy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Archived