Will Nightclub Entry Charges Become a thing of the past?

slimsid2000

fnkysknky mate you and I are on the same wave length.

Some people don't understand that clubs have overheads and the door charge go towards them.

What bars do you know will pay people like Roger Sanchez, and Judge Jules to perform live at their venue without charging a door entry fee?

Bars are smaller, they cost less to light and heat and less security to keep customers safe. Clubs are larger, cost more and have regular big name nights on (and promotors want their cut too).

At the end of the day no pay, no entry.

Door charges wont disappear no matter what the licencing laws are.

Look at Ibiza, clubs and bars open til all hours but clubs still charge entry (some £40 or £50 entry) because they supply the big names.

Face it guys!

I think if clubs are providing their customers with a high level of entertainment (DJ or band) then they have every right to charge an appropriate amount on the door - you wouldn't expect to go to see a wicked DJ or go to a gig for free?! Door charging only becomes a problem when the customer is simply paying for nothing, a low key DJ in a bar in Sheffield does not justify any door charge!!

I justb wondered if market forces might force clubs to abandon door charges if they lost enough business to bars.

Also when the new smoking law comes in what will happen to people who go outside to smoke and then go back in? Will they have to pay every time they re-enter? I can't see that being very popular.

Archived