Police doing spot eye test

Hubby just got home from work and has been pulled by police near radio hallam doing on the spot eye test ( reading a number plate)

Ive never known this before.. His were perfect and mine are ok as ive recently had new glasses but i just wondered if anyone knew what happens if ppl fail?

Ive been driving 30 yrs and never known them do it before..

He said there was four police cars all pulled up.. One stopped him to ask if he gets them checked then he sent him over to a collegue to have them tested.... :o Apparently they were stopping every car.

Hubby just got home from work and has been pulled by police near radio hallam doing on the spot eye test ( reading a number plate)

Ive never known this before.. His were perfect and mine are ok as ive recently had new glasses but i just wondered if anyone knew what happens if ppl fail?

Ive been driving 30 yrs and never known them do it before..

He said there was four police cars all pulled up.. One stopped him to ask if he gets them checked then he sent him over to a collegue to have them tested.... :o Apparently they were stopping every car.

what do they do if you fail, send you to Specsavers, can't SEE that happening.:hihi:

I have no idea.. Like i said, ive never known it before so not a clue..

It's good because a lot of people drive round with really bad eyes but it just took me by surprise and i wondered what happens?

I have no idea.. Like i said, ive never known it before so not a clue..

It's good because a lot of people drive round with really bad eyes but it just took me by surprise and i wondered what happens?

What's a no idea got to with it, the poor creature has no eyes.:hihi:

You can face a ban for driving with uncorrected poor eye sight below the prescribed point. The DVLA have worked to decrease the length of time it takes to ban a failing driver from a few days to a matter of hours.

http://www.motorists-lawyer-kent.co.uk/blog/detail.rhtm/687122/quicker_bans_for_motorists_who_fail_eyes.rhtm

and rightly so in my opinion. If you drive with poor eye-sight then you're putting people in serious danger through your neglect.

Archived