Police doing spot eye test

Re the BMW - if the roadside check turned up a fellow citizen up to no good at all, quite prepared to boot it to evade an awkward question, would you have them try to keep up in a Focus?

Seems to me there's a persistent anti-police world that misses no opportunity to have a ridiculous, unthinking, bigoted pop at those in blue. Sad innit?

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 20:18 ----------

And you reported her, of course. (??)

I considered it a matter between her GP and the DVLA.I assumed that he must have thought her sight was sufficientley good to drive.And I'd guess that he was better qualified than the guy doing some joinery work for her.

Years ago I used to do work for an old lady at Bents Green who still used to drive despite being registered blind!

I wonder if that was the same one I saw in Bents Green Post Office some years ago. She drew her pension then went to another counter. her hands were shaking so much the loose change fell out of her purse. People went and helped her pick it up, and she left the shop. Someone said "Poor old dear" or similar, but the assistant said "Just watch". The old dear tottered to the kerb and got into a souped up Ford Anglia, with huge chrome exhausts etc, and shot off with an ear-splitting roar. Reminded me of Monty Python and Hell's grannies!

Friend of mine dad failed. They took his licence of him. He went to asda opticions for test and they said his eyes were fine. He said the police were very stroppy with him when they stopped him, His son who was with him looked like he was going to get arrested when he complained the number his dad was asked to read was to far away. They told him to mind his own buisness or else.

Friend of mine dad failed. They took his licence of him. He went to asda opticions for test and they said his eyes were fine. He said the police were very stroppy with him when they stopped him, His son who was with him looked like he was going to get arrested when he complained the number his dad was asked to read was to far away. They told him to mind his own buisness or else.

Always best to go to a reputable optician - Asda missed glaucoma in a colleague of mine !

---------- Post added 30-07-2013 at 12:24 ----------

of course...

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/story/2013-02-27/driver-eye-tests-crackdown/

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 17:37 ----------

why they need an expensive BMW in the layby is beyond me.no wonder theres no money for officers!

I doubt the vehicle is only used for roadside eye tests:rolleyes: It's likely to be a traffic division vehicle.

I considered it a matter between her GP and the DVLA.

Did you know for certain that her GP knew she was driving? And that the DVLA knew about her sight?

I assumed that he must have thought her sight was sufficientley good to drive.

Did he know she was driving?

Oddly enough, people don't always do what the law (and common sense) tells them.

Registered blind man been caught driving despite being banned

Let's hope she didn't injure anyone, or herself, eh?

Re the BMW - if the roadside check turned up a fellow citizen up to no good at all, quite prepared to boot it to evade an awkward question, would you have them try to keep up in a Focus?

Seems to me there's a persistent anti-police world that misses no opportunity to have a ridiculous, unthinking, bigoted pop at those in blue. Sad innit?

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 20:18 ----------

And you reported her, of course. (??)

no actually the police do it to them selfs,they bleat theres no money but waste it on unessercarily high priced cars that amount to snobbery not need.

And yes a focus would be more than ample.I didnt read that they had any runners while doing the checks and if they had they would have had the registration number even if they didnt catch them that moment they could have later.If only all crimes were treated with the same urgency as minor motoring offences are.

Did you know for certain that her GP knew she was driving? And that the DVLA knew about her sight?

No,I didn't know for certain but I thought it a fair assumption to make that the agencies involved would have a better idea about the situation than the hired help.

Did he know she was driving?

How could I possibly know that?

Oddly enough, people don't always do what the law (and common sense) tells them.

How much simpler life would be if everyone did.

Registered blind man been caught driving despite being banned

Let's hope she didn't injure anyone, or herself, eh?

No,luckily she didn't.

Do you know,I've hardly slept these last 25 years since this incident!

I saw an Ariel Atom in chap' the other week, seen a few Veyrons as well.

Your logical end means we should equip the police with some F1 cars to keep up should they decide to boot it.

Archived