Police doing spot eye test

I am all for this.

I wear contacts so have a check up every two years. But people who don't wear glasses or contact lenses are probably less likely to have their eyes tested and it was actually whilst driving some years back that, nearly running into a jogger, I decided it was time to go and get my eyes tested (that and the fact I was struggling to see the score board at Bramall Lane from where I was sitting on the Kop. It was easy to recognise United's NIL but not how many goals the opponents had scored!!!).

Perhaps a dealership with the likes of Optical Express, with the police handing out discount vouchers might not be a bad idea?

I am all for this.

I wear contacts so have a check up every two years. But people who don't wear glasses or contact lenses are probably less likely to have their eyes tested and it was actually whilst driving some years back that, nearly running into a jogger, I decided it was time to go and get my eyes tested (that and the fact I was struggling to see the score board at Bramall Lane from where I was sitting on the Kop. It was easy to recognise United's NIL but not how many goals the opponents had scored!!!).

Perhaps a dealership with the likes of Optical Express, with the police handing out discount vouchers might not be a bad idea?

Nearly ran into a jogger, you need Binoculars not glasses or contacts.:hihi:

I saw an Ariel Atom in chap' the other week, seen a few Veyrons as well.

Your logical end means we should equip the police with some F1 cars to keep up should they decide to boot it.

Ah ha, the end of a reasoned discussion, voilà the contributor that stretches the "argument" to the unreasonable extreme end of the spectrum. (Cf "speed" discussions that are floored by the suggestion of a man with a red flag or [fancifully and really stretching it] suggesting that falling out in the pub could result in returning to the pub with a hand grenade.)

Using the extreme end of the argument to prove or disprove anything bears no relationship with real-world life and decisions which are essentially a compromise, a balancing act.

So no, I wouldn't expect the Police to be driving F1 motors anytime soon but I'd expect some on here to appreciate that, within their fleet, they need some very nice, powerful cars that, sometimes, stand around doing mundane work.

Any other way of seeing this is unintelligently anti-Police.

no actually the police do it to them selfs,they bleat theres no money but waste it on unessercarily high priced cars that amount to snobbery not need.

And yes a focus would be more than ample.I didnt read that they had any runners while doing the checks and if they had they would have had the registration number even if they didnt catch them that moment they could have later.If only all crimes were treated with the same urgency as minor motoring offences are.

Do I detect a teensy weensy bit of envy in your post - has that nice policeman got a bigger car then you............?:roll:

I don't consider driving whilst unable to see properly a 'minor motoring offence'.

Do I detect a teensy weensy bit of envy in your post - has that nice policeman got a bigger car then you............?:roll:

I don't consider driving whilst unable to see properly a 'minor motoring offence'.

:rolleyes:

No actually its often been the other way round.

Archived