Seaside Resorts Stuck in Time

Being 33, I have been a regular holiday camper in Skegness since I was over 5 years old and have been astounded by the changes over the years, not a lot has changed at all.

We used to go on the Golden Sands site at Chapel in the early 90's then from the late 00's onwards we have been at the Happy Days site opposite Yabba-Dabba-Doos shop.

The Dixie bar on the end has closed as that has been there since the ark and there has been the exact same arcade machines in the amusements since well, the dawn of time.

We also go to Ingoldmels markets AKA Eastgate markets which is effectively the Peckham of the north east.

The city centre is not bad if a bit dated but it at least puts most cities to shame with its unique charm.

The acts who play the theatres are usually Ken Dodd and Cannon & Ball types, probably only wage they get :hihi:

And as usual, you have the typical Jeremy Kyle types with prams, beer bellies and kids with more tat then a £££ shop.

The village with the Co-op past the Golden Sands end of town, is littered with shops that would be trendy in the 50's.

I was at Chapel this weekend. Little has changed (minus the old Maid Marion Club/Robin Hood Site *now Club Tropicana/Golden Palm Resort*)

In a way I don't mind, happy childhood memories with family and stuff.

(the fish guy was in Club Tropicana last night XD)

The fish guy must be on commission.

I actually like the Fashion Warehouse at Ingoldmels market, lots of nice gear in there.

And the music shop in Skeggy centre, next to the KFC on the corner is great for little finds.

The fish guy must be on commission.

I actually like the Fashion Warehouse at Ingoldmels market, lots of nice gear in there.

And the music shop in Skeggy centre, next to the KFC on the corner is great for little finds.

I would love to look at the stuff in that warehouse, I bet it's a reight laugh:hihi: flares, kipper ties, platforms the job lot:hihi: but the saddest thing is that lot from places like Nottingham and Lincoln think that this gear is still in fashion.:gag:

I would love to look at the stuff in that warehouse, I bet it's a reight laugh:hihi: flares, kipper ties, platforms the job lot:hihi: but the saddest thing is that lot from places like Nottingham and Lincoln think that this gear is still in fashion.:gag:

And Chesterfield, yoth? :hihi:

Archived