Old mines in gleadless,

Fiddlers used to deliver our milk , Up to 1950 by horse and cart , then they got a pickup ex army Austin . The milkmans  name was Joe Knutt  or Nutt . He wore a brown smock and beret with army badges on .

Every Friday he collected milk money if he could catch any one in that is .

50 minutes ago, Slinny said:

At side of f chapel across for shops on white lane was houses in yard , one was stubs milk people . And I think front one was owned by mr sizer , had out building at back  myself and  a mate went in and found tins off food , all sorts fruit beans . Their must have been 6or seven hundred at least all rotting away this was around 51 or 1952 he must have been hoarding them through war when people were on rations tight get .  Stubs milk yard was on gleadless road so was butchers shop an post office on right hand side before you got to Sheffield and heelypub small shop on other side of road  all gone around 1958 . 

I remember John Stubbs bit of a lad in his time.

23 hours ago, jackanne said:

I remember John Stubbs bit of a lad in his time.

Hi John stubs was two or three years younger than me. He used to follow myself and mate Stefan Croft around , he had always got loads off money , he spentit on sweets and pop .think he wanted to impress us . But didn’t, about 1952 .