Canceling sky phone and internet and tv

if you are cancelling, make a note of the person's name you spoke to and the exact time you spoke to them. i cancelled a few years ago and they kept trying to take money, i had to get my bank to block them from taking it. when i phoned up they denied all knowledge of my phone call to cancel. months later (after quite a few letters and phone calls) they got debt collectors involved for the princely sum of £41. Whoever i had spoken to initially kept me on the phone for half an hour while they cancelled it so how they had no record of it i will never know.

This post typifies the scheming ways Sky operates in helping themselves to YOUR money.

Use your loaf - as stated above - write down every bit of detail (who you spoke to, when and for how long).

---------- Post added 30-07-2013 at 15:14 ----------

Must be under contract for something.

We cancelled our Sky TV a few months back.

They disabled the viewing card within about 10 minutes of ending the call :|

They're great at this. Phone to set up Sky Sports or something and whilst they'll take your money immediately you don't get the service right away.

I think they're a truly nasty corporation and for the record, BT are no better.

They're great at this. Phone to set up Sky Sports or something and whilst they'll take your money immediately you don't get the service right away.

I have added channels through the Online billing system and had them available to watch within 60 seconds. Without fail.

I have added channels through the Online billing system and had them available to watch within 60 seconds. Without fail.

I accept that they might have 'improved' on this. I got rid of Sky years ago fortunately, allowing BT to pull the wool over my eyes until I too managed to free myself from their shackles.

This post typifies the scheming ways Sky operates in helping themselves to YOUR money.

Use your loaf - as stated above - write down every bit of detail (who you spoke to, when and for how long).

---------- Post added 30-07-2013 at 15:14 ----------

I think they're a truly nasty corporation and for the record, BT are no better.

And the winner of the nasties is..........................you've guessed it "ORANGE"

To ensure they can't continue to claim monies from your account after cancellation, cancel the direct debit with you bank directly.

thats what i did, they still tried to take money. it was my bank who told me what they were doing.

if you are cancelling, make a note of the person's name you spoke to and the exact time you spoke to them. i cancelled a few years ago and they kept trying to take money, i had to get my bank to block them from taking it. when i phoned up they denied all knowledge of my phone call to cancel. months later (after quite a few letters and phone calls) they got debt collectors involved for the princely sum of £41. Whoever i had spoken to initially kept me on the phone for half an hour while they cancelled it so how they had no record of it i will never know.

I had an identical experience just over 2 years ago, I cancelled and was told all sorted then kept trying to take money, then sent a debt collecting agency's letter.

It was at this point I flipped rang the DC agency explained to them they were great, got onto Sky and told them I'd seen my solicitor and was was going to sue them for malpractice, misleading a customer and anything I could think of.

Within 3 days I'd got a letter of apology, cancelling everything and confirming it had been backdated and a refund for inconvenience.

I was stopped in Meadowhall last year by a guy asking if I wanted Sky, I said you're probably a nice bloke so I won't be rude but I wouldn't have Sky if they gave it me free for life.

I had an identical experience just over 2 years ago, I cancelled and was told all sorted then kept trying to take money, then sent a debt collecting agency's letter.

It was at this point I flipped rang the DC agency explained to them they were great, got onto Sky and told them I'd seen my solicitor and was was going to sue them for malpractice, misleading a customer and anything I could think of.

Within 3 days I'd got a letter of apology, cancelling everything and confirming it had been backdated and a refund for inconvenience.

I was stopped in Meadowhall last year by a guy asking if I wanted Sky, I said you're probably a nice bloke so I won't be rude but I wouldn't have Sky if they gave it me free for life.

i wish i had thought of that at the time! up to this year, the cheeky so-and-so's still sent me junk mail trying to get me to go back with them. i finally snapped and wrote on the envelope "not if you paid me" and returned to sender. I haven't had a letter since:hihi:

I dont think adding HD has a minimum term (will check that though), of course the OP could have merely asked the phone operator what the reason was and it would have avoided us lot making guesses :rolleyes:

I think any change in contract by the customer is interpreted as starting another 12 month contract.

Archived