Help for hero - bradley manning

Support assange? No thanks. He's thrown manning and everyone else who helped him under the bus at the earliest opportunity when he realised it was all going pear shaped.

he's trying to survive - he reckoned he could take the US military machine on - WRONG - how could he save manning? how did he betray him? he didn't throw him under a bus, the US brought a bus and took manning to hell on it.

he's trying to survive - he reckoned he could take the US military machine on - WRONG - how could he save manning? how did he betray him? he didn't throw him under a bus, the US brought a bus and took manning to hell on it.

At the time he promised manning he wouldn't give him up and actually gave him up quicker than the man in the phones4u advert. I also don't think he'll be paying back the people who stumped up thousands for his bail. I'm sure they understand.

Are you suggesting that Manning has not had due process? As far as I'm aware not even his defence team are claiming that.

Are you suggesting that Manning has not had due process? As far as I'm aware not even his defence team are claiming that.
'due process'? are you daft? manning gave the world details of how his country/military conducts its dirty wars, he stood before a military kangaroo court with an appointed lawyer and will pay with his liberty for the rest of his life.

did he have a trial? - yes, so did the political prisoners of china, burma, north korea, etc - was it fair - no

'due process'? are you daft? manning gave the world details of how his country/military conducts its dirty wars, he stood before a military kangaroo court with an appointed lawyer and will pay with his liberty for the rest of his life.

did he have a trial? - yes, so did the political prisoners of china, burma, north korea, etc - was it fair - no

He leaked a vast amount of classified material to someone who put it on the internet. Please tell me you don't think that the US (or any country facing a similar breach for that matter) should just shrug their shoulders and let him off because he liked to be called mandy at weekends?

Many people were put at risk by his actions and he betrayed his country and his fellow soldiers.

He leaked a vast amount of classified material to someone who put it on the internet. Please tell me you don't think that the US (or any country facing a similar breach for that matter) should just shrug their shoulders and let him off because he liked to be called mandy at weekends?

Many people were put at risk by his actions and he betrayed his country and his fellow soldiers.

It's okay Andy, for every single decent human being the US try to bury in this manner; two more will be born. :)

Mr Manning knew the possible consequences and took the risk, it was his gamble to make, he's only himself to blame for his predicament.

What about the "consequences and risk" of others he exposed?

oh dear - homophobic hatred mixed with militaristic nationalism - never nice. do you believe that the truth should be hidden from you. in vietnam, reporters filmed, shot and described the actuality of the war - those of us who are old enough to have experienced it remember what freedom of information was like - so do the military - never again they said , we'll keep the children's bodies and the wrecked lives under wraps and feed 'em with bull**** so they keep on delivering their kids to us to do it all again.

manning was the bravest soldier of his generation, he didn't take a machine gun post out, he offered us a glimpse of the truth.

oh dear - homophobic hatred mixed with militaristic nationalism - never nice. do you believe that the truth should be hidden from you. in vietnam, reporters filmed, shot and described the actuality of the war - those of us who are old enough to have experienced it remember what freedom of information was like - so do the military - never again they said , we'll keep the children's bodies and the wrecked lives under wraps and feed 'em with bull**** so they keep on delivering their kids to us to do it all again.

manning was the bravest soldier of his generation, he didn't take a machine gun post out, he offered us a glimpse of the truth.

I believe that some information is confidential for a reason. Much military and intelligence information has to be confidential for obvious reasons. Ditto confidential diplomatic traffic. Manning did not uncover a great wrong and put it out to the world, he downloaded every single thing he had access to and just chucked it our there regardless of the consequences. He's no a more a whistleblower than someone in the NHS putting everyones medical records online in the hope that some of them might reveal something dodgy would be.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Archived