Help for hero - bradley manning

Like Calley was hmm?

Don't bother answering. I wouldn't want you to think too hard.

Maybe the officers in charge of the Paras who carried out Bloody Sunday got off lighter than Calley.

How could I, once serving in the British army believe that an elite and highly respected British army unit could open fire on it's fellow Brits?

That's the kind of act that a nightmarish futurisitic society imagined by George Orwell would do.

Warning: has your post been Halibut approved?

Oh I think they do you tactless twit. How many families have seen their sons and daughters come home in caskets and how many families never even buried their loved ones after 9/11 because there was nothing left to bury?

Warning: Has your post been Halibut approved?

The number of innocent victims killed in Afghanistan and Iraq by the USA is far more than were killed in 9/11 or the actual invasions if we are talking numbers affected.

The war on terror is never ending as you are creating more enemies as time goes on.

Family members of inoccents killed by the US are more likely to turn to terrorism against the US.

Its a never ending vicious circle..

Like Calley was hmm?

Don't bother answering. I wouldn't want you to think too hard.

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 01:26 ----------

Ignoring the numerous Britons killed in the twin towers...

No we had thirty years of the IRA funded in part by Irish Americans.

Odd thing is though we never went do-lally over it and completely alienated about two thirds of the planet over it, we just got on with sorting them out....

Again don't bother answering, it'd involve you thinking too much.

I've nothing good to say about the IRA but historic British treatment of Ireland for 800 years completely alienated a whole race of people most of whom were forced to leave their island for far foreign lands.

The legacy of hate was passed on from father to son and Celtic memories are long

Warning: Has you post been Halibut approved?

The number of innocent victims killed in Afghanistan and Iraq by the USA is far more than were killed in 9/11 or the actual invasions if we are talking numbers affected.

The war on terror is never ending as you are creating more enemies as time goes on.

Family members of inoccents killed by the US are more likely to turn to terrorism against the US.

Its a never ending vicious circle..

That means then that the twits in Gitmo will be there for ever... officially POWs

Yes it is ! And so is Britain although since yiou haven't had a 9/11 yet (and in the name of God may you never have) it's not fully realized

Well Andy seems to think you were quite clear "wartime shot, peace time jailed".

And please stop with the false concern over Britain or even Americans as victims. It's about you, your posts concerning the US is and always has been about you.

7/7 ?

So why say then... I mean I told you not to reply to save you your embarrassment....

You are beginning to sound more and more like Halibut. What's a' goin on a'tween you two? :hihi:

That's it from me for the day. I'm off to join the missus by the pool with a glass of Riesling and a couple of Boney James CDs

Thanks for the entertainment :hihi::):hihi:

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 00:51 ----------

Well Andy seems to think you were quite clear "wartime shot, peace time jailed".

And please stop with the false concern over Britain or even Americans as victims. It's about you, your posts concerning the US is and always has been about you.

7/7 ?

Andy was right.

Soldiers were shot in WW2 for much less than Manning did.

Desertion, rape, robbery. Small in comparison to blatant, downright treason

7/7 ?

I'm fairly certain he wouldn't even know what you were on about. Not on his side of the pond you see.

It's curious how Britain just gets on with it though, and America is still obsessing about the twin towers 12 years later. You'd think they'd eventually get over it...

Andy was right.

Soldiers were shot in WW2 for much less than Manning did.

Desertion, rape, robbery. Small in comparison to blatant, downright treason

What relevance has WW2 have to do with now? Few hundred yrs ago he'd have been hung drawn and quartered. 2000 yrs ago the Romans would probably have boiled him in oil.

Someone mentioned the My Lai Massacre and you went into a frenzy with.."why do you keep bring the past up". This is a bit rich coming from someone who's stuck in the past and still living it to this day. You just sound like a very sad old man that continues this love affair with war by perpetuating it with a library of Hollywood movies and the odd gun to polish.

The way you conduct yourself on here through utter pig ignorance, I'd be very reluctant to be around you and guns when you get a fume on. Hope the missus wears Kevlar?

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 02:33 ----------

I'm fairly certain he wouldn't even know what you were on about. Not on his side of the pond you see.

It's curious how Britain just gets on with it though, and America is still obsessing about the twin towers 12 years later. You'd think they'd eventually get over it...

I don't think they ever will, they do trauma in a serious way. Hollywood, Tragedy investments, tacky 9/11 memorabilia.

Most Brits have their faults but dignity and stoicism is not one of them.

There are hundreds of families who will never get over it.I don't know anybody of my acquaintence who is obsessing about it, but it remains a bitter memory unlike any I ever experienced even though my family and I were in our house in Tinsley when a bomb hit it. Are you sure Britain just gets on with it any more? Some of you have become moaners and malcontents. If you didn't have America to attack, you'd have to find somebody else, maybe smokers, or churchgoers, or old age pensioners on buses, or the Royals. Oh sorry, you've already done all of those to death. There's still Wednesday and United, a situation nobody else in the world gives a damn about, and the French. I know why you hate ex pats so much. The rest of the English speaking world stole the best of you.

Archived