Help for hero - bradley manning

I'm tending towards the hero perspective also, I definitely think the release of the helicopter footage was the right thing, however, now so sure that indiscriminately dumping all the other info he acquired was right or brave.

Still filing him under "easily led idiot". All he did was go copy/send to thousands of documents - he had no idea what he was sending to assange, how could he there was over 700,000 documents.

Snowden did what he did purely out of principle and raised a very specific point, without, as far as im aware, putting lives at risk. Comparing manning and snowden really aren't the same thing - it's like comparing the daily sport and the guardian.

I think you probably sum it up quite well there.

I saw a photo of B.M. on the news, dressed up as a woman, complete with blonde wig and make-up. Which gave the impression he didn't really know himself, and you have to question the integrity and reasoning behind his actions (hope I haven't insulted the entire cross-dressing community there).

If I was suspicious, I'd perhaps think it (photoshopped photo of him looking like a woman) was a government stratagem to discredit him.

Bradley is more MAN than the entire American Senate. Did anyone else bring up the horrors of the war lords, no siree. They were counting on sheep mentality of the rest of the U.S. Army. He may have dressed up like a woman but he has bigger bo.ocks than anyone I know.

Dear U.S. When mistakes are made MAN UP and admit them, don't leave it to young men with clear consciences. He did what he had to do.

Some things should be secret but mistakes where people are killed should be properly dealt with and responsible people brought to account.

Bradley is more MAN than the entire American Senate. Did anyone else bring up the horrors of the war lords, no siree. They were counting on sheep mentality of the rest of the U.S. Army. He may have dressed up like a woman but he has bigger bo.ocks than anyone I know.

Dear U.S. When mistakes are made MAN UP and admit them, don't leave it to young men with clear consciences. He did what he had to do.

Some things should be secret but mistakes where people are killed should be properly dealt with and responsible people brought to account.

What percentage of the 700,000 documents do you think manning read? All? Half? Less? It may have been principled (which I still doubt on his part and certainly assanges part) but it was done recklessly.

What percentage of the 700,000 documents do you think manning read? All? Half? Less? It may have been principled (which I still doubt on his part and certainly assanges part) but it was done recklessly.

What are you asking that for? I have no idea. He would have access as far as his caveat allows.

Can't believe Google has already indexed and cached this thread within half an hour.

How much would you have read tfh, past seeing civilians getting gunned down like ants....whilst soldiers were virtually jerking off to an easy kill?

As far as he was concerned, if this is how the american army conducted themselves, what other bull**** was going on?

Send it all to Assange and let him decide, I would have done exactly the same.

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 22:33 ----------

If I was suspicious, I'd perhaps think it (photoshopped photo of him looking like a woman) was a government stratagem to discredit him

No **** sherlock :)

Just as the alleged sex offences with Assange

Who wants to publicly support a freak or a rapist?

The american government have master manipulators who know well how to play the masses

How much would you have read tfh, past seeing civilians getting gunned down like ants....whilst soldiers were virtually jerking off to an easy kill?

As far as he was concerned, if this is how the american army conducted themselves, what other bull**** was going on?

Send it all to Assange and let him decide, I would have done exactly the same.

If he had just pulled the civilians getting gunned down bits, I might have supported him. The fact it was in those 700,000 documents was just dumb luck, he didn't even know about that bit until it hit the media.

If he had just pulled the civilians getting gunned down bits, I might have supported him. The fact it was in those 700,000 documents was just dumb luck, he didn't even know about that bit until it hit the media.

Are you ****ing kidding me tfh?

Have you heard any of his trial?

Are you ****ing kidding me tfh?

Have you heard any of his trial?

Enlighten me, I picked up the apache incident off this thread, you find it, or if its wrong show me otherwise. Also show me how one man can read and digest 720,000 documents (of indeterminate length). Even manning himself said he should have worked inside the system.

Archived