Help for hero - bradley manning

Complete obfuscation.... Are you saying that what Manning exposed was not the truth?

You need to read more, and watch something other than the Daily Brainwash.

Mostly a lot of nothing and apparently of no use to the enemy as the court decided. You have no idea of military law however.

He violated military law by releasing information that the military in their wisdom classified as secret. You dont go pulling that stuff... not in any man's army. He disobeyed standing orders and violated his oath of loyalty to his President, his army and his fellow soldiers.

For that he deserved the punishment he got. I presume the guy wasnt stupid. He knew perfectly well what he was doing and what the consequences were.

Maybe he fell in love with Julian Assange and it was meant to win that person's admiration

Yes we are, there is no clear knowledge here about the facts of life in US prisons. I suppose the ones in Britain are filled with pure minded souls, but ours are not. We have solitary confinement as a way to prevent harm to any convict who needs it, and if he thinks he's as pretty as this traitor does, they'll be happy to oblige

nothing of the sort, even tho i got and laughed at your post about not being in solitary, its not really family friendly, thats why i think it got pulled NOT cos its american based

Absolutely nothing,

Agreed. So why?

I'm happy to say.

I've no doubt.

Bread and water would be appropriate. Sorry Ronny.

Won't happen. Sorry bucky.

---------- Post added 23-08-2013 at 22:09 ----------

Mostly a lot of nothing and apparently of no use to the enemy as the court decided. You have no idea of military law however.

He violated military law by releasing information that the military in their wisdom classified as secret. You dont go pulling that stuff... not in any man's army. He disobeyed standing orders and violated his oath of loyalty to his President, his army and his fellow soldiers.

For that he deserved the punishment he got. I presume the guy wasnt stupid. He knew perfectly well what he was doing and what the consequences were.

Maybe he fell in love with Julian Assange and it was meant to win that person's admiration

Oh dear, this is why men kill. They just love to strap it on.

Agreed. So why?

I've no doubt.

Won't happen. Sorry bucky.

---------- Post added 23-08-2013 at 22:09 ----------

Oh dear, this is why men kill. They just love to strap it on.

People elect politicians. Politicians are often poor masters of diplomacy. When failure occurs its the armies who have to go and fight and try and straighten out the whole nasty mess.

Put the blame where it belongs. Armies only ever existed because the human animal cant get along with it's own species

As for Manning he'll find Fort Leavenworth no picnic but he'll survive. He will not however become Chelsea Manning while there no matter what he dreams of

People elect politicians. Politicians are often poor masters of diplomacy. When failure occurs its the armies who have to go and fight and try and straighten out the whole nasty mess.

Put the blame where it belongs. Armies only ever existed because the human animal cant get along with it's own species

That's madness Harley.

You speak an awful lot of sense, people who argue with you do it on other peoples topics as well, sort of sorry people who've never really made it.

Not worth any further comment on this thread from me as you are responding to one of my posts that for some reason was pulled

I guess us US-ex-pats are being censored for commenting on any affairs that happen in our own backyard.. Ridiculous, unfair and completely undemocratic

If you have any questions about forum moderation, you can open a ticket with the help desk.

Posts that are not family appropriate have always been removed from the forum.

You speak an awful lot of sense, people who argue with you do it on other peoples topics as well, sort of sorry people who've never really made it.

I dont think those people you speak of know what the real issues are.

As this thread concerns a matter of military punishment for a soldier who was found guilty of a serioue breach of discipline then it's gone completely over the head of some of them or perhaps should I say those who are basically anti-American in sentiment and display a knee jerk reaction to people like Manning and Snowden.

I'll bet that if Manning had been instead a British soldier he would have been held in the same contempt as he is now among his peers

I dont think those people you speak of know what the real issues are.

As this thread concerns a matter of military punishment for a soldier who was found guilty of a serioue breach of discipline then it's gone completely over the head of some of them or perhaps should I say those who are basically anti-American in sentiment and display a knee jerk reaction to people like Manning and Snowden.

I'll bet that if Manning had been instead a British soldier he would have been held in the same contempt as he is now among his peers

Manning broke the rules and he knew well the risk that he was taking and has now quite rightly paid the price.

12 years on a chain gang with overtime may well pay for his/its/hers sex change operation.

Archived