Mr. Scrapman, can I have my cat trap back please?

How do you know he rang on three separate occasions? Why did you not let him have it on the first "ring"?

We weren't at home on the other occasions that he rang (he told us that) so he was at liberty to simply remove the cooker wasn't he.

No it was a smallish cooker and he was a largish guy but even I could've thrown it onto the back of the van.

All I'm saying is it's not my experience of scrapmen so it isn't necessarily right to label them as being the same.

Right or wrong it's safer to assume all scrap men are scum. Where I used to live we were plagued with them. They even tried to take our things as we were moving in. I would see at their busiest a few a month on the estate and maybe a couple a month on the garden. Not once did they ask if they could have a look or whether I have anything for them.

Right or wrong it's safer to assume all scrap men are scum. Where I used to live we were plagued with them. They even tried to take our things as we were moving in. I would see at their busiest a few a month on the estate and maybe a couple a month on the garden. Not once did they ask if they could have a look or whether I have anything for them.

Ok i'll do that in future.

There's less metal in the cat trap than in a Tesco handbasket - it's wire, it's worth about 50p scrap value to you.

To me, it means that this month, if I am to buy a new trap to catch the poor stray moggie that needs attention, then I can't afford do any transport runs to rescue, for pound dogs that are out of time and will be put to sleep, as I have to pay for a second vets visit this month for the previous stray with half an ear and an eye infection that I have taken in.

This means that a stray cat is left untreated, or lost dogs get destroyed.

If you think that's worth the 50p profit then fine..

If you do think you could live without that 50p, help to save animals that need help, and would like to just put the trap (3 foot long wire box) back where you find it then thank you and we'll say no more about it.

If you are struggling financially,why take in all the strays?

There's less metal in the cat trap than in a Tesco handbasket - it's wire, it's worth about 50p scrap value to you.

To me, it means that this month, if I am to buy a new trap to catch the poor stray moggie that needs attention, then I can't afford do any transport runs to rescue, for pound dogs that are out of time and will be put to sleep, as I have to pay for a second vets visit this month for the previous stray with half an ear and an eye infection that I have taken in.

This means that a stray cat is left untreated, or lost dogs get destroyed.

If you think that's worth the 50p profit then fine..

If you do think you could live without that 50p, help to save animals that need help, and would like to just put the trap (3 foot long wire box) back where you find it then thank you and we'll say no more about it.

Bring it back, your a disgrace to honest scrapmen. :rant::rant:

Archived