DVLA personalised number plates.

Don't you see any problem with a government department displaying stuff for sale in a way that it can't legally be used?

Nope. Far more important things to worry about in this world.

• 2 weeks later...

I want SAV 111E :)

My recent car came with a personalised plate on it, I can't stand it. I've noticed a negative attitude of other drivers towards the car.

The reg transfer companies say its worth £650, which is great, but all they do is advertise the plate on your behalf rather than buy it.

My recent car came with a personalised plate on it, I can't stand it. I've noticed a negative attitude of other drivers towards the car.

The reg transfer companies say its worth £650, which is great, but all they do is advertise the plate on your behalf rather than buy it.

and take a wad for doing so?

They're called Vanity plates for a reason :nod:

Although not every car you see running one had it bought by the guy behind the wheel, some plates are sold with the car.

My last car came with one, the seller said he wanted it back but he never got in contact so I kept it and sold it :hihi:

Legally, if you don't retain the plate before you sell a car the number plate belongs to the new owner of the car, and I did wait a year.

---------- Post added 14-08-2013 at 18:55 ----------

Try selling it on ebay, but make sure you state that the buyer must pay the DVLA fees on top of the purchase price. I got £90 for mine, better than a kick in the teeth :)

Archived