Single mum needs single female friends for nights out

I'm extremely frustrated with my friends at the minute, I'm a single mum who desperately needs to get out and have an adult conversation and a bit of "girlie " time but all my friends are married or in relationships and so don't want to do ANYTHING. Some because partners won't let em.

I was wondering if there was any social groups for single mums looking for other single mum friends ????:wave:

I'm extremely frustrated with my friends at the minute, I'm a single mum who desperately needs to get out and have an adult conversation and a bit of "girlie " time but all my friends are married or in relationships and so don't want to do ANYTHING. Some because partners won't let em.

I was wondering if there was any social groups for single mums looking for other single mum friends ????:wave:

You don't say how old you are, but if you are on Facebook there is a group called '20 somethings in Sheffield'. They always seem to be planning nights out, meals and trips to the cinema. I haven't gotten around to joining one yet though :rolleyes:

Are you friends with any of your children's friends' parents?

Thank you both mecky and Isabelle. I'm 31 yrs old and am friends with parents of kids parents but everyone in circle of "mummy friends" is either married or in a long term relaTionship and its seems that I am some what of a "black spot" as in their respective partners think that ill tempt them to other side and that they have no reason to go out when they have their men at home.

I can't imagine there are many social groups for single mums as they tend to concentrate on the young one(s) as their 'world'.

You could try your community centre and have some banter whilst helping out with the day nursery or lunch club. Gym classes attract the right type of people where as drinking alcohol as a young parent isn't the type of routine you want to be getting into.

Which part is sexist super hans, just telling the situation as it is lol ;)

---------- Post added 01-08-2013 at 09:32 ----------

Thank you for your comments sports' (hope you don't mind the abbreviation)

I do go to the gym but it happens to be chapeltown and so the clientele is a little older (a lot, 20yrs actually) and have two volunteer jobs both though centred around children (can't get away from the buggers lol). I agree alcohol isnt we're it shd be at, but i need to do something more ADULT sometimes :P

---------- Post added 01-08-2013 at 09:38 ----------

:bigsmile::bigsmile:Alch find mums net a bit snobby and preachy, don't mean to offend anyone!!! ( before u all start hating me ) xx :bigsmile:

:bigsmile::bigsmile:Alch find mums net a bit snobby and preachy, don't mean to offend anyone!!! ( before u all start hating me ) xx :bigsmile:

agree, the kind of mums who think peppa pig makes their kids violent. :hihi:

look in the social / going out part of this forum, there might be some groups there, if not then start your own single mums group :D

Archived