Queens Restaurant 1960s

Hello,

I am currently trying to find information on a restaurant in the 1960s that was called, "Queens" it was sat opposite Primark in the City Centre at Sheffield and you had to go downstairs to the restaurant I have been told.

I am trying to find out information on it as my grandad was the owner of the restaurant and I am trying to find my grandad.

The restaurant is posh and Cliff Richard had a meal there before I am told from my mum.

Has anyone got any information/pictures on this?

Many thanks,

Jordan.

---------- Post added 31-07-2013 at 22:40 ----------

I believe this is the restaurant...

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s08054&pos=1&action=zoom&id=11197

Our grandad used to take us there for special occasions, iWas always fascinated by the waiter who cooked your steak to order on the flambé trolley that he brought to the table, can you imagine the hue and cry today with all the health and safety laws.

Hello,

I am currently trying to find information on a restaurant in the 1960s that was called, "Queens" it was sat opposite Primark in the City Centre at Sheffield and you had to go downstairs to the restaurant I have been told.

I am trying to find out information on it as my grandad was the owner of the restaurant and I am trying to find my grandad.

The restaurant is posh and Cliff Richard had a meal there before I am told from my mum.

Has anyone got any information/pictures on this?

Many thanks,

Jordan.

---------- Post added 31-07-2013 at 22:40 ----------

I believe this is the restaurant...

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s08054&pos=1&action=zoom&id=11197

What was your grandfathers name, I think I may remember him.

His name was George (Yorgo in Greek) I believe his second name was GABRIELIDIS

Yes I do remember him I was about 18 (1962) and we went in a few times. I think he sold it about 1968 but I am not sure exactly.

He was a very nice guy. Cant tell you a lot about him but the place was always busy. Although we were young her always made us welcome, I had my first fillet steak there!

Archived