Happy Yorkshire Day 2013

Ah right. Thanks for the info. I was puzzled when someone asked me about it, expecting me to know what it was what with being a Yorkshireman. I bow my head in shame for my ignorance towards my county.

It would be nice if we could have festivities here in Sheffield to celebrate this great county.

i used to be married to a florist and i remember them buying a load of white roses expecting a big demand - i think they sold about 4

it's certainly celebrated more up North Yorkshire - or at least it used to be

It's just marketing hype. As from 1974, no-one's at all interested.

Maybe selling a celebration to the tightest people in the world was a bit short sighted when planned.

It would be nice if we could have festivities here in Sheffield to celebrate this great county.

I don't think there will be much celebrating in Sheffield, they don't have anything much going off on St George's Day either.

Too many lefties here.

I don't think there will be much celebrating in Sheffield, they don't have anything much going off on St George's Day either.

Too many lefties here.

i may be wrong but im sure something was happening in sheff for st georges day :suspect:

Archived