Britpop/Indie night?

sadie

What about a britpop/Indie party  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What about a britpop/Indie party

• Yes, I would like to have a drink somewhere I could hear these old stuff
    • No, there are too many Djs in Sheffield and I don't like this kind of music

Since I'm in Sheffield I haven't been to a good party where I could hear some good Britpop/Indie stuff. Maybe I haven't been to the right places (I have to admit that as I don't know many people here I don't go out often).

With some friends in Paris I had a party so I was thinking about searching for somewhere where I could play some records like Pulp, Suede, Oasis, Blur, Kaiser Chiefs, Shed Seven, Menswear, Marion, Elastica, Smiths, Stone Roses... but I really don't know if many people would be interested in that.

Please can you tell me if it's a good idea or not?

There's the same sort of thing going on at Plug on a thursday night. One room is Indie music and the other is more Britpop music. It's a good night, I've been quite a few times. Trouble with Britpop is that whilst covering bands like Oasis and Blur, it also means Take That and the Spice Girls have to get the occasional play!

Thanx for your replies. I will try corporation and Plug (even if I already been there on a Friday and I didn't like it at all, but it may be different on Thursday). I've already been to the Leadmill on Saturday and I was really disappointed.

Maybe I should try to find a place to do that. I think I can play other song than common people or parklife, there are so much songs that can be played, even songs less known. Anyone has an idea of where I could ask?

yes I know the Washington, it's my fav pub in Sheffield. The only thing is every time I go there they play 60's rock (which I love but still not my favourite music). Are they really playing other decades?

Archived