HMS Sheffield - Shiny Sheff

Okay, I am new to this forum, so take it easy with me. I recently came out of the Navy and decided to join this forum. After trying to upload an avatar of HMS Sheffield , which was sank in the Falklands War in 1982, I encountered a little hostility from a single SF user on Forum News and Feedback.

Is HMS Sheffield, the Shiny Sheff, still important to Sheffielders, or do you think I am getting a bit over emotional?

Okay, I am new to this forum, so take it easy with me. I recently came out of the Navy and decided to join this forum. After trying to upload an avatar of HMS Sheffield , which was sank in the Falklands War in 1982, I encountered a little hostility from a single SF user on Forum News and Feedback.

Is HMS Sheffield, the Shiny Sheff, still important to Sheffielders, or do you think I am getting a bit over emotional?

Good on you!

There are a lot of keyboard warriors on here.

A lot of good people, with interesting lives, and interesting things to say don't last long on here because it seems to be some sort of saddos' club, and they are more interested in spelling mistakes, accusing people of racism and generally being obnoxious priggs...

Welcome to Sheffield Forum...as an ex serviceman I am sure you will survive the idiots xxx

Archived