Ariel Castro's statement

That's a list of mental disorders, not things that are addictive. Why would caffeine be on the list?

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 12:35 ----------

Smoking is both physical and psychological, otherwise you would just go cold turkey and you would never feel the need to smoke again.

To say sex can't be addictive is ridiculous. We don't need to gamble, but some people spend every penny on it...........because they are addicted!

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 12:36 ----------

My Mum is dead.........whatever turns you on!........:help:

You seem to think anyone who wants to do something is addicted. I suppose you also feel that this absolves them of responsibility too :roll:

sex is not an addiction and if you took the time to research it a little you would notice how many peer review studies are now claiming its a myth.

You know,k if you HAVE to be right no matter what, does that mean you are addicted too? Just saying!

You do not NEED sex, therefore you cannot be addicted to it, plus it is now widely considered to be a myth by psychological practitioners.

Have you ever heard of Adrenaline Addicts.

Your body increases the level of some hormones and chemicals during sex which can become addictive.

Have you ever heard of Adrenaline Addicts.

Your body increases the level of some hormones and chemicals during sex which can become addictive.

What you are saying is because endorphins are released into the brain, the act of sex is addictive. That's the same as saying sticking a needle in your arm is addictive instead of the heroin inside.

I do suggest you google Sex addiction myth and have a read.

There is no such thing as sex addiction

people can and are addicted to everything and anything

wasn't there a couple of celebs who once said they were sex addicts?

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 13:29 ----------

What you are saying is because endorphins are released into the brain, the act of sex is addictive. That's the same as saying sticking a needle in your arm is addictive instead of the heroin inside.

people can be addicted to tattoos, is it the pain? the endorphins?

??

Sex addction is a debatable issue. To say that it absolutely doesn't exist places you on one side of the debate. It's not a fact - it's an opinion.

I belive that sexual behaviour can form a compulsive, habitual pattern and be a destructive element in someone's life. I would call that an addiction.

More to the point though, all this aside; kidnapping three women and locking them up in a house is not a result of addiction. It's an awful crime.

people can and are addicted to everything and anything

wasn't there a couple of celebs who once said they were sex addicts?

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 13:29 ----------

people can be addicted to tattoos, is it the pain? the endorphins?

??

If you are talking of the medical aspect of addiction, then you CANNOT be addicted to anything and everything.

Sex addction is a debatable issue. To say that it absolutely doesn't exist places you on one side of the debate. It's not a fact - it's an opinion.

I belive that sexual behaviour can form a compulsive, habitual pattern and be a destructive element in someone's life. I would call that an addiction.

More to the point though, all this aside; kidnapping three women and locking them up in a house is not a result of addiction. It's an awful crime.

It's probably more psychological than physical. As I understood it, but I'm not 100% clear on this, addictions start as a psychological condition and may or may not develop into a physical condition as reliance deepens.

You seem to think anyone who wants to do something is addicted. I suppose you also feel that this absolves them of responsibility too.

Not at all, if you read my posts, with your EYES, you will see that I don't condone any of Castro's actions.

Take this as another example. A solider serving in action. They come home and can't adjust to normal life, they often turn to the booze or get depressed. There has obviously been some reaction to the lack of adrenalin in their body, ie a kind of withdrawal symptom.

If someone has a helpless compulsion to do something, despite knowing it is doing them and/or others harm, I'd say that they are addicted.

You keep mentioning all these peer review studies, there's also many studies that will argue that sex is addictive.

I Googled Sex Addiction and found this:

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/features/is-sex-addiction-realdiction and found this:

I'm not going to Google Sex Addiction myth though. Because I believe it's not a myth.

I could Google, September 11th conspiracy theory, but I don't want to, because I believe it was a group of ****** off Muslims that committed the crime!

Archived