Dinner lady sacked for accidentally serving pork to a Muslim child

That's it exactly. Take Christians eating Halal meat for example. One part of the Bible says its a sin to eat food sacrificed to another God. Yet another part says its a sin to waste food.

The way to do it is to let God take it up with you when you croak. If he wants to have a go at me for the Halal meat I've eaten, so be it. But it was my choice to eat it.

That makes a lot of sense alchresearch, I think you've said before that eating pork inadvertently isn't haram, but I don't think we can overlay our view about the the rights and wrongs of what Muslims should/can do without knowing the full detail and the level of responsibility the school/caterers agreed to accept..if they say one thing and do another then they're likely to be challenged over it.

To take religion out of it, if this dinner lady had repeatedly served meat to vegetarians then I think her position would be the same assuming she'd been warned previously and eating meat won't kill a vegetarian.

Awww jc why don't you go do some missionary work in Africa and proletise to all those wide eyed fuzzy wuzzies :hihi:

Missionary work in Africa is a total waste of time as is the various types of aid given.

PS weren't the Fuzzy Wuzzies from Sudan and just look at the state they're still in today.

Awww jc why don't you go do some missionary work in Africa and proletise to all those wide eyed fuzzy wuzzies :hihi:

looking at your avatar you'd have more in common with them than me,:)

btw, seeing as you've brought it up why do you as an adult have a young startled pubescent fuzzy wuzzy as an avatar?:suspect:

Probably so if it wasn't the first such mistake she made.

To take religion out of it, if this dinner lady had repeatedly served meat to vegetarians then I think her position would be the same assuming she'd been warned previously and eating meat won't kill a vegetarian.

You're sort of hinting that she was repeatedly serving haraam food to Muslims ... we do not know.

Making the opposite supposition does not equal balance.

Yep. Its possible that this dinner lady has been in trouble before and its just unfortunate that the "final straw" was one that involved religion.

Until we know the full facts its foolish to judge or play the blame religion / race card game.

Yep. Its possible that this dinner lady has been in trouble before and its just unfortunate that the "final straw" was one that involved religion.

Until we know the full facts its foolish to judge or play the blame religion / race card game.

Would you think that her mistake over a piece of gammon was as bad as the girls father ripping off the Inland revenue to the tune of £500,000?

Not read all posts so this may have been mentioned, would she have got the sack for giving meat to a vegetarian child.

Depends. The headteacher has implied that this wasn't the sole reason she was sacked anyway - ''it was not a one-off''. Without knowing the other reasons people wanted rid of her it's impossible to say.

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 16:02 ----------

Would you think that her mistake over a piece of gammon was as bad as the girls father ripping off the Inland revenue to the tune of £500,000?

What's that got to do with anything?

The headteacher at the school said it ''wasn't a one off'' which implies strongly that she wasn't good at her job anyway.

Depends. The headteacher has implied that this wasn't the sole reason she was sacked anyway - ''it was not a one-off''. Without knowing the other reasons people wanted rid of her it's impossible to say.

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 16:02 ----------

What's that got to do with anything?

Implied? Wow what do you make of that?

Now it's a mass plot to get rid of her with "the other reasons people wanted rid of her"

The Plit Thockens.:loopy:

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 16:08 ----------

The headteacher at the school said it ''wasn't a one off'' which implies strongly that she wasn't good at her job anyway.

Well it took a long time to find that out. 11years:loopy:

Implied? Wow what do you make of that?

That the issue over the halal wasn't the sole reason she lost her job.

Maybe she was lazy and had lousy timekeeping and a bad attitude; maybe she got a load of stuff wring all the time, who knows?

Archived