Dinner lady sacked for accidentally serving pork to a Muslim child

HAHA that pic, even after all these years, still makes me really laugh outloud

:hihi:

I'd forgotten about it until you mentioned it, Im sure that's Barty holding the clipboard..probably taking orders for their curry takeout later :D

I'd forgotten about it until you mentioned it, Im sure that's Barty holding the clipboard..probably taking orders for their curry takeout later :D

i never forget it, every so often it appears back in my head and i have a little inner chuckle

Let's assume your analysis is correct.

I have some professional experience of dealing with meat wholesalers and food production businesses. The common model amongst halal meat producers is to undercut the wholesale costs of traditional sellers. This is hardly surprising, we see it everywhere Asians become involved in business, undercutting their competitors is their unique selling point.

So on that basis, would it be too much to ask that people accept (pre-stunned) halal meat universally and put the welfare of all our children first together with potentially significant cost savings that could be used to buy books and school equipment.

Incidentally, according to other media reports the woman was dismissed because there had been previous complaints about her serving the wrong food to vegetarians as well as Muslim kids, if that's the case she's clearly incapable of doing the job she's paid to do.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 14:37 ----------

But in the case of the OP what is it a fear of?

Someone is employed to serve food to school children.

They fail to observe rules relating to some children.

Her employer says it isn't an isolated incident and dismiss her.

I think the only fear we should have is that employees like this lady don't come into contact with children who suffer from severe food allergies.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 14:40 ----------

When she's older she'll not have a problem with making her own choice, just as many Muslim kids at my youngest's school don't.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 14:41 ----------

The dinner lady wasn't a charity volunteer, she was the employee of a commercial business.

She was fired for not doing the job they were paying her to do.

What next, people complaining because their employer forces them to go to work in the morning.

Why then are you buying your meat from a supermarket.

We'll have to wait and see if she goes to a tribunal before finding her guilty.

How far you can take your appeasment is rather amusing, which mosque do you worship at?

I have some professional experience of dealing with meat wholesalers and food production businesses. The common model amongst halal meat producers is to undercut the wholesale costs of traditional sellers. This is hardly surprising, we see it everywhere Asians become involved in business, undercutting their competitors is their unique selling point.

It is not just about the cost of the raw materials. The bulk of the additional cost comes from having to prepare and serve different type of meals. Would a family of 5 cook 5 separate meals depending on what each fancied? No, because it is too much effort and effort in a professional kitchen has to be paid for.

So on that basis, would it be too much to ask that people accept (pre-stunned) halal meat universally and put the welfare of all our children first together with potentially significant cost savings that could be used to buy books and school equipment.

You'll have no doubt noticed that in this country there has been a gradual more toward people having more concern about animal welfare. Halal produced meat is considered by most to be a retrospective step. Why should the majority compromise their beliefs in order to accommodate the religious beliefs of a minority? No thanks.

Incidentally, according to other media reports the woman was dismissed because there had been previous complaints about her serving the wrong food to vegetarians as well as Muslim kids, if that's she's cleary incapable of doing the job she's paid to do.

All the more reason to limit special dietary requirements to the few with medical conditions - less to remember and less likely people on minimum wage working to tight timescales will make mistakes (you get what you pay for).

But in the case of the OP what is it a fear of?

Someone is employed to serve food to school children.

They fail to observe rules relating to some children.

Her employer says it isn't an isolated incident and dismiss her.

The problem is with the changing of the rules in the first place to accomodate religion at the expense of others.

Most of your posts are about race or Islam or both. You started this thread. You started another one quoting a BNP link about mosques in Rotherham and then you say the problem is minimal. You're not confused much.

Glamrocker said the Muslim population of this country is minimal, not that the problem is minimal, it doesn't take many people to create a huge problem.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 16:31 ----------

When she's older she'll not have a problem with making her own choice, just as many Muslim kids at my youngest's school don't.

How old should she be before being allowed to choose which healthy foods she can eat.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 16:32 ----------

i love people using those scare videos as "proof" :hihi:

drama queens

the thing is most "normal" muslims want what everybody else does, to get on with THEIR lives, doing what they do, working, earning enough to get by, raising a family etc

NOT world domination lol, theyll be saying the daleks are muslim next :suspect:

How do you know?

I reckon that this is the longest ever 'dinner lady' discussion we've ever had on Sheffield Forum.

and if it wasnt a muslims are outraged story itd have been less than a page :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 16:41 ----------

How do you know?

the ones i come across in this reality arent :suspect:

weird how we get another islamophobe suddenly appearing and jumping straight in with the usual crap :P

and if it wasnt a muslims are outraged story itd have been less than a page :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 16:41 ----------

the ones i come across in this reality arent :suspect:

weird how we get another islamophobe suddenly appearing and jumping straight in with the usual crap :P

So you are making assumption much like the people you oppose, they assume Muslims are bad because they know some bad Muslims and you assume Muslims are good because you know some good Muslims.

Glamrocker said the Muslim population of this country is minimal,

Yet we give them so many concessions. Why is this? Ill tell you. Its because if we dont give in to their demands they scream racist or discrimination.

Archived