Dinner lady sacked for accidentally serving pork to a Muslim child

... like sprouts.

Hahaha, I loved sprouts...and liver!

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 20:13 ----------

I decided which foods were offered and when and where they are eaten, they decided which of the offered foods they wanted to eat from about one or two years old, at school they chose from the selection on offer.

..and would you allow them to choose openly from a selection that included halal meat?

..and would you allow them to choose openly from a selection that included halal meat?

Halal food is an Islamic concept which to me is meaningless, it’s just food. So your question should be, do you mind how an animal it killed prior to eating it? and my answer is No. So as long as the meat is safe it doesn’t matter how it died.

Anyone looking at that objectively would also assume that Christianity has a problem with murder.

You seem to be mistaking western society with Islamic society. Remember that's where a woman gets charged with adultery if she gets raped.

The UK and many more western countries are not ruled by Christian religious fanatics as those in Islamic countries who sentence people to death for the most trivial anti Muslim incidents like calling a pig Mohamed.

Can you imagine the Archbishop of York sentencing a school teacher to stoning because she called Jesus a plonker?

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 21:44 ----------

The school and her employer have stated it isn't the first instance of her serving the incorrect food to children

Proof of this will have to be shown at a tribunal.

Plus they employed her for 11 Years but claim she was a regular incompetent and did nothing.:suspect:

You said the number of Muslims in this country was miniscule. In which case why quote a BNP campaign about mosques in Rotherham. It's not as if there's one mosque for every Muslim there.

Oops wrong again I said minimal,whats Bnp and mosques got to do with school dinners ?:loopy:

Halal food is an Islamic concept which to me is meaningless, it’s just food. So your question should be, do you mind how an animal it killed prior to eating it? and my answer is No. So as long as the meat is safe it doesn’t matter how it died.

No, my question is would you allow your children the free choice to eat it and from your response it would appear you would.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 23:31 ----------

Proof of this will have to be shown at a tribunal.

Plus they employed her for 11 Years but claim she was a regular incompetent and did nothing.:suspect:

Like I said, proof of the story in it's entirety hasn't been heard, yet the level of outrage based on tabloid headlines has been quite amazing.

From the information I've seen they're not claiming she's a regular incompetent or that she was incompetent throughout her service, they said it was not the only incident.

I think under normal employment terms employees might be given 2 warnings before dismissal.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 23:31 ----------

I thought prisoners took their case to The Court of Human Rights to get the vote. Not sure if they managed to get the vote. If they did the law was on their side.

What does that have to do with an employment issue?

It's a cultural thing.

"Are you personally affected by this issue? Then e-mail us. Or if you’re not affected by this issue can you imagine what it would be like if you were? Or if you are affected by it but don’t want to talk about it can you imagine what it would be like not being affected by it? Why not e-mail us?"

“You may not know anything about the issue, but I bet you reckon something. So why not tell us what you reckon. Let us enjoy the full majesty of your uninformed ad hoc reckon, by going to bbc.co.uk… clicking on ‘what I reckon’ and then simply beating on the keyboard with your fists or head.

Excellent post Mr.gardener! :thumbsup::D

No, my question is would you allow your children the free choice to eat it and from your response it would appear you would.

This site has an interesting interpretation of the Qur'an which means Muslims can consume halal meat/food regardless of the method of slaughter or who slaughtered it. They simply do as the Qur'an tells them and speak Allah's name before eating it.

http://submission.org/halal_meat.html

Archived