Dinner lady sacked for accidentally serving pork to a Muslim child

This site has an interesting interpretation of the Qur'an which means Muslims can consume halal meat/food regardless of the method of slaughter or who slaughtered it. They simply do as the Qur'an tells them and speak Allah's name before eating it.

http://submission.org/halal_meat.html

I'm not really trying to overlay my interpretation of what the Koran says and doesn't say in terms of what people choose to eat and pay for.

I'm not really trying to overlay my interpretation of what the Koran says and doesn't say in terms of what people choose to eat and pay for.

So do you think everyone should be free to choose what to eat and pay for.

Yes I do provided it's legal and they possess reasonable faculties enabling them to make the choice.

So on that basis, would it be too much to ask that people accept (pre-stunned) halal meat universally and put the welfare of all our children first together with potentially significant cost savings that could be used to buy books and school equipment.

Wouldn't that remove the choice you think everyone should have, it would be better for the method of slaughter to be marked on the meat, so that everyone can choose whether to eat it or not based on the way the animal was killed. If it turns out to be cheaper non Muslims will eat it, if its more expensive some will likely choose a cheaper option.

Wouldn't that remove the choice you think everyone should have, it would be better for the method of slaughter to be marked on the meat, so that everyone can choose whether to eat it or not based on the way the animal was killed. If it turns out to be cheaper non Muslims will eat it, if its more expensive some will likely choose a cheaper option.

Well I've said all along that the origin of meat should be clearly marked so people can make an informed choice and if it's halal whether it's from pre-stunned livestock.

:roll:So !!!!!!!?what!!!! it won't hurt the kid!!!! Pc madness again pandering to the Muslims !!!:roll:

The same could be said about people who refuse to eat pre stunned halal meat. :rolleyes:

Archived