Dinner lady sacked for accidentally serving pork to a Muslim child

A little more background, a statement from her employer, note the bit in bold:

..and from the headteacher:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News/Gammon-being-served-to-Muslim-pupil-by-sacked-dinner-lady-was-not-a-one-off-headteacher-20130801055000.htm

It appears Mrs Waldock was sacked because she was crap at the job she was paid to do and then sought to make spurious claims about political correctness to justify her position.

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 11:47 ----------

Your outrage and indignation seems to have clouded your ability to read.

Did you read the article in full that the OP referred to? Muslims are not 'outraged' again. There's a clear statement by a Muslim group which is quite to the contrary of what you claim.

This woman was sacked by her employer after a full investigation, not Muslims.

Actually it looks like she complained that mistakes were likely and even went to the lenths of ideas and suggestions to prevent it happening which were rejected.

Someoness a bit cloudy alright!

A little more background, a statement from her employer, note the bit in bold:

..and from the headteacher:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News/Gammon-being-served-to-Muslim-pupil-by-sacked-dinner-lady-was-not-a-one-off-headteacher-20130801055000.htm

It appears Mrs Waldock was sacked because she was crap at the job she was paid to do and then sought to make spurious claims about political correctness to justify her position.

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 11:47 ----------

Your outrage and indignation seems to have clouded your ability to read.

Did you read the article in full that the OP referred to? Muslims are not 'outraged' again. There's a clear statement by a Muslim group which is quite to the contrary of what you claim.

This woman was sacked by her employer after a full investigation, not Muslims.

The parents were outraged and got the woman sacked, over a piece of perfectly edible meat. Hardly a danger to life was it?

I suppose we can all choose which version to believe. If she'd made so many mistakes before, and was idle, irresponsible and whatever the third reason was, why didn't they sack her before? I think the old quote "they would say that wouldn't they" comes into play here. :)

The parents were outraged and got the woman sacked, over a piece of perfectly edible meat. Hardly a danger to life was it?
How did the parents get the woman sacked? They made a legitimate complaint to the school, just as any parent would do if their child's dietary requirements weren't being met. Her employers conducted an enquiry and said it wasn't a one off occurrence. Tell me, if that is the case and you had children who had special dietary requirements would you want someone unreliable serving them their dinner?

I suppose we can all choose which version to believe. If she'd made so many mistakes before, and was idle, irresponsible and whatever the third reason was, why didn't they sack her before? I think the old quote "they would say that wouldn't they" comes into play here. :)

So are you saying they should have sacked her on the first instance?

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 12:00 ----------

Actually it looks like she complained that mistakes were likely and even went to the lenths of ideas and suggestions to prevent it happening which were rejected.

Someoness a bit cloudy alright!

Thanks for that, but where did you get that information from?

Seems this Muslim child's mother should listen to what Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Wasn't the childs father caught working illegally?

The child didn't eat the meat although the chid actually pointed to it and asked for it.

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 12:04 ----------

I hope that this sacked woman goes before a tribunal, wins her case and takes the company to the cleaners

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 12:06 ----------

Exactly, personal vendetta or set up comes to mind.

"The dinner lady said she had previously warned the school that it was impossible to keep track of the various dietary requirements of the 200 children eating in the canteen.

She suggested that children at the school, where the proportion of pupils from ethnic minority backgrounds is ‘well above average’, wore wristbands to show what they could eat, but this was rejected."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2382881/Family-got-dinner-lady-fired-accidentally-served-child-gammon-emigrating-Muslim-country.html

The child didn't eat the meat although the chid actually pointed to it and asked for it.
You're over gilding the lily Peer Gynt.

The article says the child was offered the meat by the dinner lady and said yes, that's quite different to asking for it. It would be reasonable to assume from a 7yo child's point of view that food being offered to them by adult was suitable for them to eat.

I'm afraid I'm still struggling with someone who works in commercial catering on a daily basis 'accidentally' given a Muslim child gammon to eat.

In my mind you look at one (a lump of lary pink pork product), then look at the other (a child probably of Asian appearance) and alarm bells start ringing, whether they're Muslim or not!

The move comes after Mr Darr’s recruitment firm was closed down in June when he was found to be working as a company director illegally.

Following an investigation by the Insolvency Service, he was banned from holding company directorships after he was caught pocketing over £500,000 owed in tax in 2008.

His firm Interecruit (UK) went into liquidation after Mr Darr, 36, ‘diverted’ money owed to the taxman in VAT, income tax and national insurance to another of his companies.

The nine-year ban was imposed in February 2011 but in May this year he was found to be operating a similar company named Interecruit (GB), which supplied agricultural workers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2382881/Family-got-dinner-lady-fired-accidentally-served-child-gammon-emigrating-Muslim-country.html#ixzz2aoDW3lF7

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

These are the kind of people that we foolishly accept into our country, talk about hypocrisy.

"The dinner lady said she had previously warned the school that it was impossible to keep track of the various dietary requirements of the 200 children eating in the canteen.

She suggested that children at the school, where the proportion of pupils from ethnic minority backgrounds is ‘well above average’, wore wristbands to show what they could eat, but this was rejected."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2382881/Family-got-dinner-lady-fired-accidentally-served-child-gammon-emigrating-Muslim-country.html

Sounds like a very sensible idea to me.

The article says the child was offered the meat by the dinner lady and said yes, that's quite different to asking for it. It would be reasonable to assume from a 7yo child's point of view that food being offered to them by adult was suitable for them to eat.

I'm afraid I'm still struggling with someone who works in commercial catering on a daily basis 'accidentally' given a Muslim child gammon to eat.

In my mind you look at one (a lump of lary pink pork product), then look at the other (a child probably of Asian appearance) and alarm bells start ringing, whether they're Muslim or not!

in another thread you would call that racism!

Maybe you should have read where the child pointed to the Gammon and also that she didn't eat it.

Archived