Dinner lady sacked for accidentally serving pork to a Muslim child

Surely it's down to the school management to organise recognizable visual aids on any child that is allergic to certain foods or has religious parents enforcing their views on the kid to ensure they don't suffer ill health or offend parents of that ilk. Blaming a woman who didn't even work for the school (she was agency staff) for not knowing by sight what sky pixie every childs parent believed in and what foods that particular work of fiction would get bent out of shape about their kids eating is utterly ridiculous.

Well, in the case of Jewish kids, they could give them a yellow star shaped badge to wear, and maybe add the word "Jude", just to avoid any confusion...

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Shaw View Post

in fact kosher and halal killing cause no pain whatsoever to the animal.

How do we know that?

Because Jeffrey asked one of the animals after its throat was slashed.

---------- Post added 06-08-2013 at 08:28 ----------

What Muhammad is claimed to have said is irrelevant in today's world .

Well said:thumbsup:

We used to hang children for minor crimes although we never stoned a woman for being the victim of rape

Anyone who takes in what is said in such an ancient sexist religion wants their heads looking at.

I'll ask again have you ever been present at the moment of slaughter? I have!
So you're a vegetarian?

PS why don't they allow stunning of Halal slaughtered meat?

They do.

This from the Halal Food Authority:

Q 3. Does Halal Food Authority allow stunning of birds and animals?

A. Yes, however, one has to be reminded that HFA has always maintained “no stunning to kill”.

Captive Bolt Stunning – proscribed – prohibited

Percussion Stunning – proscribed – prohibited (although above procedures for cattle are allowed by some Ulema’s in Africa & Germany)

Gas Stunning – proscribed – prohibited (although Turkish Ulema’s have approved this method for pre-slaughtering of chicken)

Halal Food Authority allows controlled electric stun-with-minuscule amperage, with official Veterinary Surgeon validating that the animal or the birds do not die prior to slaughtering.

There are two types of electric stunning that Halal Food Authority approves:

Water-bath Stun – for Poultry

Electric-Tong Stun – for Ovine meat

http://halalfoodauthority.com/frequently-asked-questions-faqs/

---------- Post added 06-08-2013 at 09:09 ----------

As I mentioned before, if someone won't eat meat that hasn't been stunned for moral reasons the fact that 90% of it has been is irrelevant if they can't tell which that is. It's no different to telling a Jew or Muslim that 90% of meat is kosher/halal so they needn't worry about the other 10%.
As I said before the meat should be clearly labelled as halal and pre stunned, that would be an eminently sensible idea, it should also be confirmed as pre-stunned at all canteens.

Lets be clear here - it's not the religiously bit that is my issue, it is the stunning or not - and of people not knowing whether it has been or not. In fact I'm puzzled as to why people would worry about someone reciting an incantation when an animal is killed. If they don't believe in the religion surely the incantation means nothing. If they do think the incantation is significant then surely that means they must believe there is something in the religion and maybe they ought to think about following it.

I agree, however I think you'll find those with an anti Islam agenda would find a reason to denounce halal meat whether it were pre-stunned or not.

Do you remember the halal meat trial that KFC conducted a couple of years ago? There was a huge hoo-ha about it with people ranting on about 'barbaric slaughter', 'appeasing Muslims' despite the fact KFC stated publicly on their website and news media that all the meat being used during the trial was pre-stunned and certified as such.

This doesn't have anything to do with the dinner lady beyond the fact that she doesn't seem to bother too much with people's dietary requirements despite her job. Some people on here don't seem to consider that too important either.

Again I agree.

I'll ask again have you ever been present at the moment of slaughter? I have!

---------- Post added 06-08-2013 at 07:22 ----------

You can google the disgusting slaughtering by the Halal method if you like and then come back and tell us that the animals suffer no pain.

BTW have you ever been present when the animals struggle and scream?

PS why don't they allow stunning of Halal slaughtered meat?

They do - i even provided a link for it.Stunning is only not allowed if it kills the animal,then the animal is haram.

Regardless of all the lablelling and stuff, pigs aren't slaughtered under halal conditions so the dinner lady didn't need any labelling for the meat or to worry about how it was slaughtered.

They do - i even provided a link for it.Stunning is only not allowed if it kills the animal,then the animal is haram.

Regardless of all the lablelling and stuff, pigs aren't slaughtered under halal conditions so the dinner lady didn't need any labelling for the meat or to worry about how it was slaughtered.

Then why the argument, pigs and cattle etc are stunned and then their throats are cut by the normal procedure.

So what is the difference, why all the argument

---------- Post added 06-08-2013 at 10:24 ----------

pigs aren't slaughtered under halal conditions.

What are halal conditions?

I've tried telling them this, umpteen times, but they are so blinded by their bile and venom about Islam (and to a lesser extent Judaism) that they won't accept it.

Do you think the RSPCA are against slaughter without stunning because they are "blinded by their bile and venom about Islam (and to a lesser extent Judaism)" or do you think they might have formed their opinion based on studying all the available scientific evidence?

Don't label everyone who is against slaughter without stunning as semiteophobic - you need to accept that some people are against it for animal welfare reasons - the religious element is irrelevant.

Then why the argument, pigs and cattle etc are stunned and then their throats are cut by the normal procedure.

So what is the difference, why all the argument

---------- Post added 06-08-2013 at 10:24 ----------

What are halal conditions?

As you're quite aware by having their throat slit,oh and at the time someone says nice words over them.Halal stunning must not kill the animal,if it does the meat enters the normal food chain as haram meat.

The rest of us don't care how much the animals suffer or what they've been fed.

I'm not defending the process,i genuinely don't care either way.

I agree, however I think you'll find those with an anti Islam agenda would find a reason to denounce halal meat whether it were pre-stunned or not.

Absolutely, that's why I put the bit in about if they believe the religious bit is significant maybe that means they should believe in the religion.

Archived