Beauty products in the 1950s and 1960s

Anyone remember Cremolia hand cream? sort of a translucent grey gloop that went into grubby looking rolls if you tried to massage it into your hands......like glue! It came in a screw top glass jar like goosefat.

I used Coty l'aimant perfume- and I think they still make it.

They do. I saw some in Boots recently.

---------- Post added 05-08-2013 at 17:25 ----------

Anyone remember Cremolia hand cream? sort of a translucent grey gloop that went into grubby looking rolls if you tried to massage it into your hands......like glue! It came in a screw top glass jar like goosefat.

I remember Cremolia, it was a bit yucky now you come to mention it. :gag:

Nivea cream

Yardleys lipstick

Rest cover girl

There used to be a shampoo in one bottle, but divided in yellow and blue parts, but i can't remember the name. Otherwise, used my mum's cosmetics so as she didn't notice. In the beginning i used soot mixed with nivea for mascara till i had money to buy some. Norman hartnell perfume, but that was a present.

Nivea cream

Yardleys lipstick

Rest cover girl

There used to be a shampoo in one bottle, but divided in yellow and blue parts, but i can't remember the name. Otherwise, used my mum's cosmetics so as she didn't notice. In the beginning i used soot mixed with nivea for mascara till i had money to buy some. Norman hartnell perfume, but that was a present.

Norman Hartnell "In Love"

Ponds cold cream

Yardley foundation in a little pot with a butterfly embossed on the lid or Max Factor pan stick or sheer genius.

Miners mascara. In a block that you used to spit on and rub with a little brush till it got thick

Rimmel lipstick ice pink.

Shampoo was Silvikrin in a little sachet it was like a little green cushion.

Amarni setting lotion.

Cheap hair lacquer from the market that I decanted into a plastic spray bottle.

Perfume Coty L aimant, Goya black rose, white fire? Max Factor Hypnotique. or eau de cologne 3711.

Archived