Does anyone remember Randall street off London Road

sallyanne

• 1 year later...

my nan and grandad lived in the same yard as mrs Atkins,she had a daughter called jean.we were only small then but have happy memories.i think the other neighbour was called maureen shepherd.there was a camping shop at the bottom...something like CCC if i remember.

oh!! the memeries @luciousloz...my sis. I used to go most weekends from our home in middlewood. Grandad would send me down to the corner shop for petrol for his lighter. We collected milk bottle tops to give to the rag and bone man on his horse and cart. Nan would give me a threpenny bit to go up to Ottos and get a lucky dip bag. We went to the butchers on London Road to get proper pork scratchings and a 'trotter' for tea! And we would walk up to The Moor and visit the redicut wool shop and Redgates. We sat making rugs on an evening and i'd cut up the Greenun to peg behind the outside toilet door! What wonderful memories!

Originally Posted by Plain Talker

Randall streeet is still there.PT

It is called Randall place now. And a lot shorter than it was.

as i say,

Randall Street is definitely still there:-

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?&t=l&map=53.3877043218293,-1.47522258878464|17|4&loc=GB:53.3877043218293:-1.47522258878464:17#t=l&map=53.36996,-1.47323|17|4&loc=GB:53.36996:-1.47323:17|randall%20street%20Sheffield|Randall%20Street,%20SHEFFIELD,%20S2

my gran, mrs. hill, used to live at number 2, randall street from the early 60's to about 1970-73 ish. there was a family (the hancocks!) with four(?) kids next door (sharon, mark....er...er...), and a lovely asian family next door but one with two daughters and a very young kid who never spoke - not cos he couldn't, i think he didn't want to! - the eldest daughter was about my age and drop-dead gorgeous!