Lindisfarne, anyone been..

Lindisfarne is lovely, the tide is only in for about 4/6 hours a day and they are well geared up for visitors, buses run from the car park to the village and abbey, which is worth a visit itself. The island is beautiful and has seals and seabirds galore. Well worth making the effort to go and visit if you are in that area, just check tide times before you set off.

Lindisfarne is lovely, the tide is only in for about 4/6 hours a day and they are well geared up for visitors, buses run from the car park to the village and abbey, which is worth a visit itself. The island is beautiful and has seals and seabirds galore. Well worth making the effort to go and visit if you are in that area, just check tide times before you set off.

was thinking about staying over for the night, any views on that, there are only a few places to stay i think...

Anyone been there, whats your views / tips, i am thinking about going, is it worth the visit ?
I've been wanting to go for ages but the weather put me off last year.

Here's a few more recommendations. .http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=985054

Hopefully we might make it for a short break before the end of Summer.

Lovely place, the whole Northumberland coast is superb, not crowded, loads to do and see.

I take it you mean Holy Island, the road to which is affected by the sea, but not a problem.

Absolutely agree - the Northumberland coast is beautiful, rugged and deserted much of the time !

Take your thermals and waterproofs though - even at this time of the year!

Holy Island is well worth a visit but heed warnings about the tide - do your research first and keep an eye on the time.

Archived