Lindisfarne, anyone been..

I never rated the band. Gazza ruined them.

aaaaaahhhhh....Old Gazza, is he still with us, thought he had died fishing with Raoul Moat or something...:huh::roll::huh:

anyways....I always thought the group was quite cool myself, but i must be getting to that age, you know...feeling all spiritual and stuff, and its not just the beer kicking in...but i really want to go and feel......................."at one"

Go, but do stay on the island, it's great but busy when the tide is down when you stay on the island and just have a wander round when the tides up it's a very calm place, lot of history to it but the times I've stayed very spiritual as well, which for a non religious person is a rarity.

aaaaaahhhhh....Old Gazza, is he still with us, thought he had died fishing with Raoul Moat or something...:huh::roll::huh:

anyways....I always thought the group was quite cool myself, but i must be getting to that age, you know...feeling all spiritual and stuff, and its not just the beer kicking in...but i really want to go and feel......................."at one"

His liver has just fallen out of shorts :hihi:

I loved them early doors. But!! They started wimping out and started doing the Harry Secombe show and went all jesus on us :huh::D

Go, but do stay on the island, it's great but busy when the tide is down when you stay on the island and just have a wander round when the tides up it's a very calm place, lot of history to it but the times I've stayed very spiritual as well, which for a non religious person is a rarity.

Thats what i have read...try to stay when all the tourists have gone back on to the mainland...:)

Wonderful place but we were slung out with the rest of the hoi polloi when the tide returned.

I'd say it's definitely worth a visit if you can stay on the island which would make it an amazing experience when everyone else has vacated.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 23:20 ----------

I've often wondered how commuters to jobs off the island manage - it must be quite odd workign around the tide times. There can be only so many times you can do a couple hours shopping waiting for the tide to go out!

Not the place to be if you're an expectant Mum I should imagine!

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 23:22 ----------

That isn't where you go to ritually slaughter goats and tuck into halal burgers is it andy? ;)

Wonderful place but we were slung out with the rest of the hoi polloi when the tide returned.

I'd say it's definitely worth a visit if you can stay on the island which would make it an amazing experience when everyone else has vacated.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 23:20 ----------

Not the place to be if you're an expectant Mum I should imagine!

I am sure nature will not have forgotten the routine BF :hihi:

That isn't where you go to ritually slaughter goats and tuck into halal burgers is it andy? ;)

Very drole my man. :)

It's hard to describe exactly but there are certain places that just give you a connection with the past of our people, the spiritual journey that brought us here to where we are as a series of islands that literally took on the world and won. Lindesfarne and the Skellig Islands out from Kerry are the only two places I ever felt there may be a god. I do think anyone who rejects their history for "modern world" without ever looking back is that much poorer, even if the here and now is that much shinier and "app enabled" or whatever.

Very drole my man. :)

It's hard to describe exactly but there are certain places that just give you a connection with the past of our people, the spiritual journey that brought us here to where we are as a series of islands that literally took on the world and won. Lindesfarne and the Skellig Islands out from Kerry are the only two places I ever felt there may be a god. I do think anyone who rejects their history for "modern world" without ever looking back is that much poorer, even if the here and now is that much shinier and "app enabled" or whatever.

I have to agree, I've only visited once on a very busy summer's day. We did a full walk of the island and it is how you describe, a place where you can really be at peace and one with the world, although I've had similar feelings 3 miles away at Bramall Lane.

Archived