Is there an on-line list of licensed helicopter pilots?

I'm not going to go into detail. But if someone 'claimed' to be a helicopter pilot. Is there a way to check if they do actually hold a license?

As you know, I've got a helicopter license. Just got three points on it for 'dangerous flying' ... loop the loop over T'Cross to be precise (although, in my defence, I was avoiding incoming ground-to-air beer cans at the time M'lud).

As other posters have correctly stated, there are various levels of license. For instance, I'm not allowed to fly through clouds ... although, strangely enough I'm permitted to do light underwater flying (for recreational purposes only).

To answer your question ... I think that it can generally be accepted that those people who say they do hold a license actually do. To question them further about the matter could, in helicopter pilots terms, seem rather unreasonable. For instance ... would you go upto a Police helicopter pilot as he's leaving his cockpit and ask to see his credentials? ... I think not.

There are different levels of licences for flying, allowing you to fly in different conditions, helicopters and planes. I also wonder if you need a different licence to fly commercially as well?

according to this, yes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot_licensing_in_the_United_Kingdom

The UK currently grants several levels of licence:

UK National Private Pilot Licence (NPPL)

UK Private Pilot Licence (PPL)

EASA Part-FCL Light Aircraft Pilot Licence (LAPL)

EASA Part-FCL Private Pilot Licence (PPL)

EASA Part-FCL Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)

EASA Part-FCL Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)

As you know, I've got a helicopter license. Just got three points on it for 'dangerous flying' ... loop the loop over T'Cross to be precise (although, in my defence, I was avoiding incoming ground-to-air beer cans at the time M'lud).

As other posters have correctly stated, there are various levels of license. For instance, I'm not allowed to fly through clouds ... although, strangely enough I'm permitted to do light underwater flying (for recreational purposes only).

To answer your question ... I think that it can generally be accepted that those people who say they do hold a license actually do. To question them further about the matter could, in helicopter pilots terms, seem rather unreasonable. For instance ... would you go upto a Police helicopter pilot as he's leaving his cockpit and ask to see his credentials? ... I think not.

You have a 1st Class Humour License, Alco! :hihi:

Ok, I wasn't going to spill the beans, but in view of the humorous comments, which I don't mind. It's a little more serious than that. A friend of mine (female) has met some guy on line, and he claims to be a helicopter pilot, flying workers to and from oil/gas rigs. He lives waaay down south Norfolk way. He turns up on Saturday, stops with her until Sunday, then disappears (apart from phone calls) until the following week. She knows his name...or the name he's given her...she knows the place (town) he says he lives, but not his address. She knows almost nothing about him at all....Unfortunately she's besotted with him, and can't see past the 'sweet talk'.

I'm worried about her, and her family are too. If I can establish if he's lying about being a pilot, then someone might be able to convince her he's a wrong-un.

Ok, I wasn't going to spill the beans, but in view of the humorous comments, which I don't mind. It's a little more serious than that. A friend of mine (female) has met some guy on line, and he claims to be a helicopter pilot, flying workers to and from oil/gas rigs. He lives waaay down south Norfolk way. He turns up on Saturday, stops with her until Sunday, then disappears (apart from phone calls) until the following week. She knows his name...or the name he's given her...she knows the place (town) he says he lives, but not his address. She knows almost nothing about him at all....Unfortunately she's besotted with him, and can't see past the 'sweet talk'.

I'm worried about her, and her family are too. If I can establish if he's lying about being a pilot, then someone might be able to convince her he's a wrong-un.

sounds like "liar Liar" pants on fire! if he really was a pilot thats one of the first things he would of done to try and impress, hire a private chopper for the day? a robinson r22 can be had for around 200 quid ph flying time?

sounds like "liar Liar" pants on fire! if he really was a pilot thats one of the first things he would of done to try and impress, hire a private chopper for the day? a robinson r22 can be had for around 200 quid ph flying time?

Exactly my point...We know he's lying, but can't prove it, and she's 'blind' to it.

Surely it's time she went to his place, although there would almost definitely be a good excuse why she can't.

Some women are so gullible, I just hope you can get her to see sense before she starts lending him money owing to some elaborate and equally uncheckable misfortune to befall him.

Surely it's time she went to his place, although there would almost definitely be a good excuse why she can't.

Some women are so gullible, I just hope you can get her to see sense before she starts lending him money owing to some elaborate and equally uncheckable misfortune to befall him.

Well the problem there, is that she doesn't drive. He does. If she wanted to go to his place, it would mean a couple of hundered mile trip to pick her up...couple of hundred mile to take her there...then bring her home...4 trips!...So it's easier for him to only make 2 trips. He could be married...He could be a registered sex offender or not...but never the less a sex offender!...a convict...gos knows!....I am really worried and so is all of her family...nobody has any idea who he is!!...It's a nightmare situation, and as I said, she's blind to it!

Exactly my point...We know he's lying, but can't prove it, and she's 'blind' to it.

tell her to invite him to a dinner party, a foursome! say what a co-incidence the other couple ,her girlfriends husband is also helicopter pilot/instructor so they should have a lot in common, if he still comes hes legit if not............otherwise call the CAA and ask for authentication/reference say its for a job hes applied for.

Archived