Is there an on-line list of licensed helicopter pilots?

Well the problem there, is that she doesn't drive. He does. If she wanted to go to his place, it would mean a couple of hundered mile trip to pick her up...couple of hundred mile to take her there...then bring her home...4 trips!...So it's easier for him to only make 2 trips. He could be married...He could be a registered sex offender or not...but never the less a sex offender!...a convict...gos knows!....I am really worried and so is all of her family...nobody has any idea who he is!!...It's a nightmare situation, and as I said, she's blind to it!

I'm not surprised you're all worried for her, you need to get her to see sense; he's being cagey for a reason and she needs to know. Something similar happened to a lass I know and she got his address without his knowledge and called round - his wife answered the door and it all came out, needless to say he turned quite nasty about it.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 15:46 ----------

You could always try and find a linked in or facebook profile that should shed some light on this guy assuming his name and location are correct.

tell her to invite him to a dinner party, a foursome! say what a co-incidence the other couple ,her girlfriends husband is also helicopter pilot/instructor so they should have a lot in common, if he still comes hes legit if not............otherwise call the CAA and ask for authentication/reference say its for a job hes applied for.

I don't think thats a good Idea adam ,same thing happened to a friend of mine and they did ezactly what you suggested and caught him out ,very embarrassing for him but he turned up a week later friday midnight .heres some police footage of what he did

I think it was in meersbrook 1998

I'm not surprised you're all worried for her, you need to get her to see sense; he's being cagey for a reason and she needs to know. Something similar happened to a lass I know and she got his address without his knowledge and called round - his wife answered the door and it all came out, needless to say he turned quite nasty about it.

You could always try and find a linked in or facebook profile that should shed some light on this guy assuming his name and location are correct.

He's got a facebook profile. It's locked down completely. You can't even request him as a friend. She tells me, she's the only person on his friends list, and it's been active since 2009. Who has a facebook profile like that?....She won't listen to logical or reason. But I know he's a wrong-un...But until I can prove it....

Well the problem there, is that she doesn't drive. He does. If she wanted to go to his place, it would mean a couple of hundered mile trip to pick her up...couple of hundred mile to take her there...then bring her home...4 trips!...So it's easier for him to only make 2 trips. He could be married...He could be a registered sex offender or not...but never the less a sex offender!...a convict...gos knows!....I am really worried and so is all of her family...nobody has any idea who he is!!...It's a nightmare situation, and as I said, she's blind to it!

Try these. http://sheffielddetectives.co.uk/ :)

That would assume of course that he's been honest about his name! Which I doubt!...he's given her a really common name...'Smith'...it's a Nigthmare to find any information

I don't think thats a good Idea adam ,same thing happened to a friend of mine and they did ezactly what you suggested and caught him out ,very embarrassing for him but he turned up a week later friday midnight .heres some police footage of what he did
I think it was in meersbrook 1998

:hihi::hihi::hihi: more likely firth park

That would assume of course that he's been honest about his name! Which I doubt!...he's given her a really common name...'Smith'...it's a Nigthmare to find any information

I can't think of anything else you can do without her cooperation except being there for her if/when her world comes crashing down around her.

Surely, she must have alarm bells ringing in her head; maybe she should have a sneaky look in his wallet/ glove compartment/ coat pockets etc. if he's not going to be open about himself.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 17:39 ----------

Have you tried putting his telephone number, email address etc. into a google search to see if that throws anything up?

Of course I have his car registration number, make and model too. But I can't get any information from that either!

You can check online to find out what information the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) holds about a vehicle.

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

If you want to get information about the current or previous registered keeper of a vehicle, you’ll have to do so in writing.

I can't think of anything else you can do without her cooperation except being there for her if/when her world comes crashing down around her.

Surely, she must have alarm bells ringing in her head; maybe she should have a sneaky look in his wallet/ glove compartment/ coat pockets etc. if he's not going to be open about himself.

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 17:39 ----------

Have you tried putting his telephone number, email address etc. into a google search to see if that throws anything up?

Obviously she doesn't have alarm bells ringing, or it wouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty remote so can't help physically...It seems she's not suspicious, although I have talked to her, and questions I asked ... she doesn't have any answers to, cos he hasn't told her.

Of course I will be there for her if it turns out he's a wrong-un...But what if he's a convicted serial offender....or even worse!!!...I can't get it through to her!

Archived