Is there an on-line list of licensed helicopter pilots?

I wonder what would happen if your friend suddenly found she had a reason to go to Norwich one Friday and asked him if he wanted to pick her up there and she'd travel back on the Monday?

Do you think a helicopter pilot would be driving a 13 year old bog standard car?...I think not.

Actually, yes - and that's from having a couple of Norfolk based helicopter pilots live in my home village. It's not actually anywhere near as glamorous or well paid as you'd imagine.

If he's that careful and there is an online list of pilots he may have had a look before deciding to emulate one and have picked a valid name...then again he may be telling the truth..

I'm fairly certain he's not being truthful. Or at least if not telling lies, avoiding the truth. Last time I spoke to my friend, I asked where he lives (address) she didn't know. Did he have family? She didn't know. Why has he a facebook profile with only her as a friend? She didn't know...Has she seen anything that would confirm he was in fact a pilot?...No she hadn't. Did he talk about ex's? No he didn't. She knows nothing about him! It's very worrying, and very frustrating!

I'm fairly certain he's not being truthful. Or at least if not telling lies, avoiding the truth. Last time I spoke to my friend, I asked where he lives (address) she didn't know. Did he have family? She didn't know. Why has he a facebook profile with only her as a friend? She didn't know...Has she seen anything that would confirm he was in fact a pilot?...No she hadn't. Did he talk about ex's? No he didn't. She knows nothing about him! It's very worrying, and very frustrating!

So how did she make contact if he's locked down?

You have to excuse my ignorance of FB..I simply don't use it.

---------- Post added 05-08-2013 at 17:22 ----------

If he's that careful and there is an online list of pilots he may have had a look before deciding to emulate one and have picked a valid name...then again he may be telling the truth..

Something easily overlooked when on a suspicion mission.

It's possible that ironically he's been the victim of a Bunny boiler and is taking extensive precautions.

Well the problem there, is that she doesn't drive. He does. If she wanted to go to his place, it would mean a couple of hundered mile trip to pick her up...couple of hundred mile to take her there...then bring her home...4 trips!...So it's easier for him to only make 2 trips. He could be married...He could be a registered sex offender or not...but never the less a sex offender!...a convict...gos knows!....I am really worried and so is all of her family...nobody has any idea who he is!!...It's a nightmare situation, and as I said, she's blind to it!

Be nice, invite them all round to dinner, all smiles. Make sure you've also invited a real helicopter pilot 'a family friend who was passing'.

(not read the thread beyond here, apologies if it's been suggested already)

If he is a heli pilot, they can swap stories and everyone's honour is preserved. If he isn't, then he's exposed in front of everyone and will have to fess up.

Win - win

• 1 month later...

Just a mere slip of the tongue...If you're gonna tell lies to someone, you might as well make it something glamorous....

Actually, I could be classed as a helicopter pilot...and Alcoblog could...we've both got model ones...But I suspect he's better at flying his than I am! :)

I've got a fork lift truck license too, although that's not my job...hahaha

Archived