Malaysian food / dining in Sheffield

nijafe

There is no authentic Malysian Restaurant in Sheffield although most Chinese restaurants will serve the some dishes.

Will not taste the same as over there some ingredients are not widely available.

Nearest place is Chesterfield "Mutiara" they are malaysian only a few dishes are authentic.

Thanks

There is no authentic Malysian Restaurant in Sheffield although most Chinese restaurants will serve the some dishes.

Will not taste the same as over there some ingredients are not widely available.

Nearest place is Chesterfield "Mutiara" they are malaysian only a few dishes are authentic.

Thanks

Thanks for that.

I work in Chesy so that may work - get kids over there for tea one evening.

It is different. However, Malaysia is a 3 way mix really of Malays, Chinese and Indian so you can get great food from those cuisines, certainly in KL anyway. Thai is different again but has some similarities to Thai. Main thing that sticks in my memory is some tremendous breakfasts. Also loved the fresh fruit kebabs that you could snack when travelling on the undergrounds.

Had a fantastic Malaysian curry a couple of weeks ago from a stall at Sharrow street market. Was so impressed, I googled to try and find place in Sheffield, and was disappointed to come up with a blank.

Please do share if you manage to find somewhere - would love to know.

Archived