Electric hob help

I've not been able to find a hob which is rated a t a low enough consumption to be able to use a 13A plug...(apart from ones with only 2 "burners")..You can run an oven on a 13A plug ( we have one) but I'm not so sure about a hob...do you have any examples? Genuine question..not being sarky or anything.. :)[/QU

You are prob right and i was getting mixed up with oven. I know they do induction hob 3 point plug. about £300

Why dont you put an ordinary ceramic hob in if thats what you want. Its not hard job to hard wire the connection in a 5 min job . Thats if you got the wiring in at the back . Goes in same as cooker same box

I very much doubt that - a single point is typically 2kW, larger ones are 3kW. About the only things that will run off a 13A socket are the little baby Belling sort of things with 2 hotpoints.

Typically a permanantly installed worktop hob is going to be 8-10kW, some of them can be larger. Mine for example is 11.2kW

No idea what planet I was on when I posted that. But do they actually make electric coil hobs for worktops? I thought those only came on freestanding cookers now. I also thought the old style ceramics had been superceded, which are the two types I'd expect to be pulling that much power

No idea what planet I was on when I posted that. But do they actually make electric coil hobs for worktops? I thought those only came on freestanding cookers now. I also thought the old style ceramics had been superceded, which are the two types I'd expect to be pulling that much power

Induction hobs never seemed to be very popular in the UK I don't know why as they are quite nice. The last time I wanted one I brought it over from France.

Current hob is a halogen one - when looking at these there were the ceramic hotplates that take ages to respond but were considerably cheaper. They seemed to be about the only ones that were made in any quantity for worktop mounting.

I nearly did get a 6 point halogen/induction combination which would have been excellent, along with a ceramic warmer plate for sauces, but it was rated for 18kW and I would have needed to upgrade the supply from the road, and that was not going to be an easy task....

Archived