Osborne bestrides Europe like a giant

You asked me why this is a trolling thread and I told the forum why in post 40, but you didn't like the answer so refused to accept it.

I'll tell you again so it can be made absolutely clear. The evidence coming from the government and quangos like the ONS seem to be flying in the face of public opinion, London may be an exception and is largely inaccurate to what economists and business is saying. The information, released from official sources, on the state of the economy is at best flaky, seems to contradict itself and is at worst downright lies. e.g. the ONS said we were in a double-dip economy and then we weren't, Osborne saying incomes had risen when in fact income has fell sharply. The are spouting this rubbish because there is an election around the corner.

OOOH, so the ONS are to blame because you don't like them. So why is quoting the ONS an act of trolling? Which is the question I asked you in the first place.

So you have still failed to answer my first question, choosing instead to attack the ONS :loopy: How about you answer my second question of;

But it just isn't the left. This government committed to borrow and spend more in 2.5 years of this government than in three whole terms under the previous government, so I don't see how you can say spending is a leftwing ideology.

How much of this spending is servicing the debt accrued by the labour government?

His own opinion is enough for him, he is entitled to defend it against any consensus or majority. The unfortunate thing is that he consistently fails to substantiate his case.

It is quite sad, as the person who started this thread I fear we are in danger of bullying the man. Perhaps we should accept that he is not susceptible to reasoned argument and treat him with courtesy, kindness and a degree of understanding.

OOOH, so the ONS are to blame because you don't like them. So why is quoting the ONS an act of trolling? Which is the question I asked you in the first place.

So you have still failed to answer my first question, choosing instead to attack the ONS :loopy: How about you answer my second question of;

Why can't you accept what I said? Why do you feel you have to the last word? I've spent a life time dealing with people like you, even worse people for that matter. I even know what you're going to say next.

Why can't you accept what I said? Why do you feel you have to the last word? I've spent a life time dealing with people like you, even worse people for that matter. I even know what you're going to say next.

To quote Ray Charles (see picture left) "Whatd I say" or more appropriately, "Busted"

---------- Post added 07-08-2013 at 18:18 ----------

I know I'm right and you know I'm right too, even though you don't like it because you're trying to convince other people that you're right to influence public opinion ahead of the election in 2015.

The election of 2015 is already won, Cameron will walk it.

The election of 2015 is already won, Cameron will walk it.

No. I agree that the Conservative Party might gain the largest number of seats ['NB: 'might'], but:

a. it will probably need to go into coalition again, this time with the newly-elected UKIP MPs; and

b. Mr Cameron's job will cease to be his as a result.

Fair point re bullying though I believe Mecky is probably the biggest bully when accompanied by his comrades. The absolute certainty without explanation that he is right multiplied. I've seen that in university and in workplaces. That kind of leftism is more like a religious cult. People want profits, not prophets.

No. I agree that the Conservative Party might gain the largest number of seats ['NB: 'might'], but:

a. it will probably need to go into coalition again, this time with the newly-elected UKIP MPs; and

b. Mr Cameron's job will cease to his as a result.

I cant see the Lib Dems doing much, although maybe not as badly as some think. Equally I cant see the voters going for UKIP in the voting booth, I honestly see Milliband as the best weapon Cameron has got.

You could be right but I still think Cameron by about 35 seats.

---------- Post added 07-08-2013 at 20:46 ----------

Fair point re bullying though I believe Mecky is probably the biggest bully when accompanied by his comrades. The absolute certainty without explanation that he is right multiplied. I've seen that in university and in workplaces. That kind of leftism is more like a religious cult. People want profits, not prophets.

You are right, but I don't think we should lower ourselves to the standards of Stan Tomato and ricgam. That would lower the tone. Who knows if we keep our standards high they may learn the error of their leftie misapprehensions and join us in the intellectual high ground,;)

says a new user ... now let me think

Archived