NHS Dentist Needed - Any Suggestions

Hi,

I need to register with a NHS dentist in Sheffield. Looking for one that is within say 3/4 miles of Sheffield city centre.

Need one that displays a caring and patient attitude.

Any suggestions/recommendations please?

Thanks

Forget Hillsbrough, I tried to register there after I moved house. They had a large sign outside saying they were taking NHS patients at the time so I called in to register. They asked me fill out a form and told me that I should still attend the appointment I had previously booked with my old dentist which was due in a couple of months. After the appointment with my old dentists I phoned up Hillsborough to book a six month appointment and they told me they weren't taking new patients at that time. I told them what had happened but they didn't want to know.

I used the charles clifford dental hospital-it is a student teaching one. They are free but they take longer over everything because the work has to be checked. They were great though!

at least my appointments were all free-I rarely need anything done though. I am not sure whether they would charge for masses of work to be honest.

I used the charles clifford dental hospital-it is a student teaching one. They are free but they take longer over everything because the work has to be checked. They were great though!

at least my appointments were all free-I rarely need anything done though. I am not sure whether they would charge for masses of work to be honest.

I think they are emergency only now. (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong).

It's very difficult to find an NHS Dentist now who will take on new patients, I think the best thing to do is just ring round but I wouldn't rely on being able to find one in the area you want.

Good luck!

Hi,

I need to register with a NHS dentist in Sheffield. Looking for one that is within say 3/4 miles of Sheffield city centre.

Thanks

you can call the NHS and they will give you a list of dentists in your area who are taking new NHS patients.

There is an online comparison thing with reviews:

http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Dentist/LocationSearch/3

Where I live NHS dentists were only available in very dodgy areas or with very bad reviews. On the odd occasion I found a decent one with spaces available they would not take me because of the length of time since my last appointment (5 years ago). I have just had a private appointment (£45) and my teeth are fine so now I can try and find an NHS place again.

Hi,

Thanks

Nationwide Healthcare

1 Victor Street

Hillsborough

Sheffield

South Yorkshire

S62SA

Call: 0114 234 4810

Great Dentist, Great Staff, only problem is that sometimes there is a long wait, because she is absolutely thorough and doesn't hurry anyone.

Archived