Can anyone recommend a vintage hair/makeup person?

i am also i need of a hairdresser for june next year. not especially vintage but one of my bridesmaids wants a 50's wave. i want my hair down & curly (natural) the other bridesmaids want up do's

i cant afford to pay top dollar for this either, ive looked around and cant believe the prices!!!

i am also i need of a hairdresser for june next year. not especially vintage but one of my bridesmaids wants a 50's wave. i want my hair down & curly (natural) the other bridesmaids want up do's

i cant afford to pay top dollar for this either, ive looked around and cant believe the prices!!!

My hairdresser asks for you to go in with your hair that has been washed the previous day so its not too slippy for an up do. I think they start at around £25 for up dos.

im a big fan of the vintage look for myself when i have to get spruced up, but im all fingers and thumbs. if its any more complicated that a couple of kirby grips and a bobble, im out! :hihi:

but, when ive had events, awards, weddings to go to, i have just been to my usual stylist on the basis that she knows me best, knows my hair, and shes local ;)

talk your your current stylist, see if they can swot up for you to re-create the style you want. maybe you can tie-in a trial with one of your usual appointments?

failing that, use mine! rachael at tall poppy on campo lane, 0114 2709547

x

---------- Post added 08-08-2013 at 09:09 ----------

Have you tried Bang Bang Vintage?

Sheffield based retro clothing/merchandise and hair and beauty.

The owner is Loulou Glover.

They are both on Facebook if you have access to it.

lou runs the sheffield vintage fair that i linked to before and both le keux and bethany have hosted salons through the fair here in sheffield and at in other cities lou runs the fair :)

x

Archived