National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

I think its awsome and a breath of fresh air.Theres far too much stifling of speech when it doesnt fit what some dont want you to say.

The fact is a billion quid a month is being squandered away while were told we have to tighten our belts.Its a disgrace and it needs real MEN not mice to sort it out.

Top man!!

Couldnt agree more ....... we need more people like Godfrey Bloom , people who say it as it is, people who dont trot out the same old PC rubbish ,afraid of offending anyone. Too many people in this country are afraid of speaking their minds and criticizing foreigners for fear of upsetting the liberal left.

What he said is bang on the money. People in this country are suffering cuts and are struggling badly to make ends meet while we squander billions of pounds on aid to other countries. Charity begins at home im afraid. Its a disgrace we spend billions on overseas aid and it needs stopping ,but while ever we have weak, spineless politicians who are scared of offending Jonny Foreigner this country is stuffed.

The real problem with this country is not people like Godfrey Bloom......... its people like George Galloway , people like that shami chakrabarti , people who spend all their lives waiting to label l anyone who dares to criticize foreigners as Racists .

What he said is bang on the money. .

He invented a country and made some quasi-racist comments about it.

How is that bang on the money?

I expect better from my politicians, especially when they are addressing such a serious issue.

Maybe you have low enough standards to think that Mr Bloom is a serious politician.

---------- Post added 07-08-2013 at 23:49 ----------

It's where you go if you want any money off of the UK government

Either that or you go and work for Vinci, or Amey, or JP Morgan or KPMG or ... well, I'm sure that you get the point by now..

Sadly having to bring shock tactics is the only way for Ukip to find a voice in this era of biased media . How dare channel 4 knock on Nigel Farage's front door and demand he come out and drag some clothes on to do an interview , would they have done the same to other party leaders ? totally disrespectful and biased .

...I expect better from my politicians, especially when they are addressing such a serious issue.

Maybe you have low enough standards to think that Mr Bloom is a serious politician...

Whether Mr Bloom is a serious politician or not is a moot point, but there is little doubt that (notwithstanding his unfortunate choice of words) he has touched on a point dear to the hearts of many.

Cameron appears to support UK aid in its present form with no changes.

Bloom appears to think that there should be radical changes.

It will be up to the voters to decide.

What happens when there is a disaster? DEC run a series of adverts asking for charitable contributions, which they get. That's nothing to do with the aid budget, disaster response has always been largely funded by individual charitable donations and quite rightly so. So lets not pretend the DfID budget is about emergency response, it isn't.

What most people rightly object to is while massive necessary cuts are made at home handouts overseas are ringfenced and it's not paid for even by "belt tightening" at home, it's paid for with entirely borrowed money. We are borrowing money to give it away while slashing services for our people, surely that is utter madness?

The DFID is giving aid to Syria isn't that an emergency response? Charitable contributions can only do so much.

I expect most other Countries whose governments give to foreign aid are in debt and experiencing economic problems, it isn't just us.

Whether Mr Bloom is a serious politician or not is a moot point, but there is little doubt that (notwithstanding his unfortunate choice of words) he has touched on a point dear to the hearts of many.

Absolutely.

Such a serious issue demands better politics than Mr Bloom was able to provide for us.

Maybe he should crawl back under the nearest stone and leave the grown ups to decide what to do next. He's clearly not up to that job.

Archived