National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

Is anyone here actually offended?

Not just think it silly, but genuinely offended?

Also would the same people be offended if i said they are living in cloud cuckoo land if they thought all aid money was well spent,i asked round in the pub and not one single person was offended by bongo bongo land.

He's done very well,he's managed to make the point while pandering to the bigots in the language he used.......it's like when an impressionist does an act,the audience cheers when their favourite character or voice is done,so for the meeting he was adressing,they needed to hear the words they wanted to hear to confirm their prejudices,go on Godfrey,say it,say it........and he did.....the cheers probably rang out,prejudices confirmed,everybody went home for a cup of tea and a slice of fruitcake.

We should be relieved we don't have to experience the disasters some of those underdeveloped nations do, and lets hope we never have to. Wouldn't you be glad if someone helped us if were struck by famine or other disasters on the same scale as they do?

It isn't the fault of the people who suffer that some of their governments are corrupt, but something more should be done to control the management of distribution.

And it isn't the fault or concern of our struggling pensioners or sick people who're denied care.

C'mone, what group of people do you think it is directed at...the Germans, the Poles....it isnt hard to imagine what his opinion is of foreign dark people :huh:

Would you not be offended if your ancestors were originated from some African country (serious question)

I also found him very distasteful when i listened to him talking on the radio about how he would discriminate between younger women who were liable to take maternity leave..

He was making the point that employers would think twice about employing them due to the current government regulations and i would do the same if running a small company.As the person who pays the wages that is my choice.It is not discrimination against one person but choosing another who's employment works best for the company.

You serious...?

we all know what he meant..even his party new he was racist, thats why they slapped him down and warned him not to make such idiotic comments again..:huh:

No you thought you knew what he meant, does that make you racist, you're the one having racist thoughts.

You serious...?

we all know what he meant..even his party new he was racist, thats why they slapped him down and warned him not to make such idiotic comments again..:huh:

As a discussion point...."All Elbonians are fat, lazy and stupid" Racist or not?

As a discussion point...."All Elbonians are fat, lazy and stupid" Racist or not?

Personally I don't believe it was racist as such, unwise yes, but not racist in the grievous sense of the word.

But it's naive to protest that the comment wasn't directed at a group of people, I've never heard the phrase 'Elbonian' being used maliciously however I have with the choice of words Mr Bloom used.

He was making the point that employers would think twice about employing them due to the current government regulations and i would do the same if running a small company.As the person who pays the wages that is my choice.It is not discrimination against one person but choosing another who's employment works best for the company.

It is discrimination, and you would be breaking the law, unfortunately you cant choose what laws you wish to obey and what you dont...and he was quite up front and arrogant about it, it spoke volumes about the man

No you thought you knew what he meant, does that make you racist, you're the one having racist thoughts.

Well indeed...what did he mean..why didnt he elaborate on where he meant, instead of naming some mythical place.? his own party soon slapped him down and made him apologise....why was that.?

who are Elbonians..? i have never met one..can elbonians be aligned with another race.?.... when a racist person starts talking about a Mythical place called Bongo Bongo land, one can only assume he is referring to black people can he not.? and as such hos own party slapped him down for it..

C'mone, what group of people do you think it is directed at...the Germans, the Poles....it isnt hard to imagine what his opinion is of foreign dark people :huh:

Would you not be offended if your ancestors were originated from some African country (serious question)

Are you saying that Bongo Bongo land means Africa? There are many different ethnic, cultural and racial groups in Africa.

I also found him very distasteful when i listened to him talking on the radio about how he would discriminate between younger women who were liable to take maternity leave..

You cannot use his second point as a reason why you are insulted by the first as they are not connected.

who are Elbonians..? i have never met one..can elbonians be aligned with another race.?.... when a racist person starts talking about a Mythical place called Bongo Bongo land, one can only assume he is referring to black people can he not.? and as such hos own party slapped him down for it..

How many people from Bongo Bongo land have you met? :) ...Again a discussion point.. does your assumption of what someone means make them racist or is that just your opinion..? I have no opinion either way about this ..it's just an interesting train of thought ( for me anyway)

Archived