National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

Originally Posted by truman View Post

How can it be racist to talk about a country that doesn't exist....who is it racist against? The Bongonians?

You serious...?

we all know what he meant..even his party new he was racist, thats why they slapped him down and warned him not to make such idiotic comments again..:huh:

You are joking or very naïve, you should be more concerned about why we're depriving the needy in this country whilst pouring money into Bongo Bongo Land. And no I'm not being racist or is your name George Galloway?

---------- Post added 08-08-2013 at 11:14 ----------

It is discrimination, and you would be breaking the law, unfortunately you cant choose what laws you wish to obey and what you dont...and he was quite up front and arrogant about it, it spoke volumes about the man

Well indeed...what did he mean..why didnt he elaborate on where he meant, instead of naming some mythical place.? his own party soon slapped him down and made him apologise....why was that.?

who are Elbonians..? i have never met one..can elbonians be aligned with another race.?.... when a racist person starts talking about a Mythical place called Bongo Bongo land, one can only assume he is referring to black people can he not.? and as such hos own party slapped him down for it..

How deep has the hole you're digging yourself into got?

Are you saying that Bongo Bongo land means Africa? There are many different ethnic, cultural and racial groups in Africa.

I dont know, where do you think he meant..? he didnt elaborate did he...

i note you didnt care to answer my question on page 137

You cannot use his second point as a reason why you are insulted by the first as they are not connected.

i didnt use the second point as an argument, it was just to elaborate how warped some of his his thinking is...

How many people from Bongo Bongo land have you met? :) ...Again a discussion point.. does your assumption of what someone means make them racist or is that just your opinion..? I have no opinion either way about this ..it's just an interesting train of thought ( for me anyway)

None...and you..?

my assumption was the same of his own party..!!

You are joking or very naïve, you should be more concerned about why we're depriving the needy in this country whilst pouring money into Bongo Bongo Land. And no I'm not being racist or is your name George Galloway?

---------- Post added 08-08-2013 at 11:14 ----------

How deep has the hole you're digging yourself into got?

I am concerned that money is being thrown away on lost causes, but also concerned that we have a politician talking in the way that he does..

Hole.....hahhaaa...

how can i be in a hole when his own party slapped him down...:hihi:

i didnt use the second point as an argument, it was just to elaborate how warped some of his his thinking is...

That is my point and why I didn't answer your question. You cant point out which group of people this comment is meant to be offensive towards. Your question is irrelevant as its just a hypothetical situation that cannot be connected to the comments made.

This is the crux of my point, if no one can identify where Bong Bongo land is, then how can anyone get offended?

The ONLY people claiming they are offended are the usual suspects that make a living out of it. Not a single person has come forward and said, "That phrase was aimed at me and I'm offended".

Are you saying that Bongo Bongo land means Africa?

That wouldn't be an unfair assumption, would it?

---------- Post added 08-08-2013 at 13:12 ----------

This is the crux of my point, if no one can identify where Bong Bongo land is, then how can anyone get offended?

You can't have your cake and eat it. If nobody can identify where Bongo Bongo land is, then how can we be wasting our money on them?

Either Godfrey Bloom has made sensible point using silly language, or he has made a nonsensical statement.

I think it probably is an offensive term; and the fact that no-one can pin-point where bongo bongo land is, is part of the problem. It's like saying the nations to which we give aid, are not worthy of us referring to them by their proper names. No, we'll just use a derogatory, reductionist term ('bongo bongo') and that'll be good enough for them...

---------- Post added 08-08-2013 at 13:12 ----------

You can't have your cake and eat it. If nobody can identify where Bongo Bongo land is, then how can we be wasting our money on them?

Either Godfrey Bloom has made sensible point using silly language, or he has made a nonsensical statement.

Damn....wished i had made that point.....:mad:

You missed off the second part of my comment:

Are you saying that Bongo Bongo land means Africa? There are many different ethnic, cultural and racial groups in Africa.

The phrase is "Eat your cake and have it".

He was talking about all aid, so he was referring to a number of countries wasn't he. Therefore it cant be racist as its not aimed at a single race is it.

You missed off the second part of my comment:

The phrase is "Eat your cake and have it".

He was talking about all aid, so he was referring to a number of countries wasn't he. Therefore it cant be racist as its not aimed at a single race is it.

so in your logic ...if you despise chinese people and African people that doesnt make you racist because that is more than one race..? :huh:

so in your logic ...if you despise chinese people and African people that doesnt make you racist because that is more than one race..? :huh:

Can you make a racist comment that incorporates both races? If you can, then I accept you're right.

It doesn't have to be about a single country,just about a group of people,of any colour,including whites,he mentions Pakistan,the 'land' he mentions could refer to the whole of Africa,or Asia.

Archived