National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

After reading most of this thread i never realised we gave so much in foreign aid and i am highly surprised that we are giving it to countries such as india who are quite wealthy.The comments from this bloom feller have highlighted how much we actually do give and to whom whatever you think of him.How much do we give to the european union a month as well.We have families living on food banks in this country and homeless people yet we give all this money away each month.:huh:

After reading most of this thread i never realised we gave so much in foreign aid and i am highly surprised that we are giving it to countries such as india who are quite wealthy.The comments from this bloom feller have highlighted how much we actually do give and to whom whatever you think of him.How much do we give to the european union a month as well.We have families living on food banks in this country and homeless people yet we give all this money away each month.:huh:

Don't worry ghost rider, there's never been such a thing as a 'free lunch' ;)

By the way, amongst all the heated rhetoric spouted by Mr Bloom he didn't appear to clarify the source of his data.

The Department For International Development had a budget last year just shy of £9 billion, with 87% of this supporting the aid programme.

This document gives a breakdown of how the funding's utilised and the largest recipients.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/142459/SID-2012-Key-Statistics.pdf

Bloom has admitted he did not know what he meant by the phrase, but that "maybe" it could have been said in relation to African countries.

I think that's enough to decide if this guy is worth voting for........it would be for me anyway.I think he must have shouted that from the bottom of the huge hole he is currently digging himself into.

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 07:35 ----------

Strange isn't it that most of the people texting the BBC agreed with sensible truth speaking Godfrey Bloom

He's already admitted himself that he had no idea what he meant when he opened his mouth,if that is sensible and truth speaking ,you vote for him and get the government[MP] you deserve.

Bloom has admitted he did not know what he meant by the phrase, but that "maybe" it could have been said in relation to African countries.

I think that's enough to decide if this guy is worth voting for........it would be for me anyway.I think he must have shouted that from the bottom of the huge hole he is currently digging himself into.

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 07:35 ----------

He's already admitted himself that he had no idea what he meant when he opened his mouth,if that is sensible and truth speaking ,you vote for him and get the government[MP] you deserve.

Of course he know what he meant, he is just trying to pacify the engineered furore kicked up by the PC brigade.

Of course he know what he meant, he is just trying to pacify the engineered furore kicked up by the PC brigade.[/quote

Is he?.......I think he is trying to pacify Nigel Farage who is trying to get him to shut up,without much success,keep digging Godfrey,I'm on my way with a slice of fruitcake to keep you going.

Don't worry ghost rider, there's never been such a thing as a 'free lunch' ;)

By the way, amongst all the heated rhetoric spouted by Mr Bloom he didn't appear to clarify the source of his data.

The Department For International Development had a budget last year just shy of £9 billion, with 87% of this supporting the aid programme.

This document gives a breakdown of how the funding's utilised and the largest recipients.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/142459/SID-2012-Key-Statistics.pdf

He put the start of scrutinising it out there,

As Cameron attacks 'Bongo Bongo' MEP... How £1billion of your cash is being used to help Nigeria join the space race

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2387338/As-Cameron-attacks-Bongo-Bongo-MEP--How-1billion-cash-used-help-Nigeria-join-space-race.html#ixzz2bSQajo2X

As Cameron attacks 'Bongo Bongo' MEP... How £1billion of your cash is being used to help Nigeria join the space race

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2387338/As-Cameron-attacks-Bongo-Bongo-MEP--How-1billion-cash-used-help-Nigeria-join-space-race.html#ixzz2bSQajo2X

Cant agree more that our money should not be wasted on helping countries that do not help themselves...but how much of it is political, surely we are not giving it away for nothing, what are we getting in return, does anyone who is not in the circle really know..:confused:

I was going to post something similar. I find it amazing how a rightwing rag like the Daily Mail has tried to tie in the Bloom saga with foreign aid to attack their favourite rightwing party to which they are seemingly at odds with. But what do people expect from sensationalist media rubbish?

‘No UK aid money goes through the Nigerian government,’ she said. ‘Our investment goes into specific health, education and poverty reduction programmes. Nigeria is home to a quarter of the poorest people in Africa, and supporting their development will benefit our own trade and security.’

From the Department For International Development.........another attempt by the Mail to spread misinformation.

Archived