National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

That's why people like you try to lay a smokescreen to detract from 98% of what Patriot Godfrey Bloom said by exaggerating 2% or less of his speech.

No, I'm not trying to detract anything from his speech. I'm not interested in what a racist has to say. It is outrageous that he can hold any public office with opinions like he has. And I'm not just referring to his most recent speech.

They'd better get their orders in for military hardware quick then.

They buy a lot of it from the UK, so if you wish to characterise the aid sent to them as being spent on military hardware, then it's effectively aid that is given to the UK arms industry.

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 11:44 ----------

So tell us why I can't have the money in my pocket that they'll give to India/Pakistan next year.

What kind of stupid question is that?

No, I'm not trying to detract anything from his speech. I'm not interested in what a racist has to say. It is outrageous that he can hold any public office with opinions like he has. And I'm not just referring to his most recent speech.

I take offence that you're playing the racist card, next you'll be saying he's a witch, there have been people like you down the ages burning books etc.

Let's keep it simple (and these are made up figures)...

Let's assume the UK gives £20 million in aid for the poor of Nigeria and the Nigerian government spends £20 million of rockets and astronauts. This means there is £40 million in the pot to cover these two streams of expenditure.

If the UK withdraws its aid then there is just £20 million in the pot and the Nigerian government has a choice - maintain the £20 million spend to support its poor or spend it on a space programme.

In other words, we are picking up the cost of looking after the Nigerian poor so its government can spend its money on rockets and astronauts.

Does the term, "Greasing someone's palm," mean anything to you? I do not rule out anything and consider everything is possible to some extent. I don't like the concept of giving aid to anyone, especially since we are having austerity forced upon us, but I can see why governments send it. If it was up to me I'd stop it but better the devil you know.

And for what it is, nor do I like Nigerians because they evidence I see every day convinces me they are dodgy people and I don't trust them. It comes to something when the president of Nigeria is not happy with the international world's opinion of his country, so it seems it's not just me.

What kind of stupid question is that?

No more stupid than why should the tax on my pension pay for India's Aircraft carrier and surface fleet, Pakistan's Fighter jets, wells in Africa that won't be dug.

So you're happy that our money is being squandered:loopy: at least I'm against it.:clap:

I take offence that you're playing the racist card, next you'll be saying he's a witch, there have been people like you down the ages burning books etc.

Yeah, because bongo bongo land is a perfectly normal way to refer to all foreign destinations. :roll:

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 11:58 ----------

No more stupid than why should the tax on my pension pay for India's Aircraft carrier and surface fleet, Pakistan's Fighter jets, wells in Africa that won't be dug.

So you're happy that our money is being squandered:loopy: at least I'm against it.:clap:

You asked why you can't have money back that is being spent. The answer is self evident. Hence stupid.

I don't actually believe that aid money is spent in the way you suggest.

I do happen to agree that Pakistan and India don't require aid, and that we should cut it. They can afford a nuclear and a space program, they can afford to look after their own poor.

Godfey Bloom 'National Hero' WTF :confused::loopy:

The man is a TIT.

He is dwarfed by true national heroes like David Attenborough, David Hockney, Peter Maxwell Davies or even Iain McEwan.

The only thing Godfrey Bloom has done is open his mouth and remind everyone what a tit he is: A bit like Jeremy Clarkson, minus the rotten teeth.:gag:

The OP is either having a laugh, ill informed or brain damaged.

Godfey Bloom 'National Hero' WTF :confused::loopy:

The man is a TIT.

He is dwarfed by true national heroes like David Attenborough, David Hockney, Peter Maxwell Davies or even Iain McEwan.

The only thing Godfrey Bloom has done is open his mouth and remind everyone what a tit he is: A bit like Jeremy Clarkson, minus the rotten teeth.:gag:

The OP is either having a laugh, ill informed or brain damaged.

What about all three?

Edit: On reflection the first two can be excused in light of the third option.

Archived