National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

Hmm now I see where many on this forum are coming from.

They built a dam that we paid for and then paid our engineers out of the money we gave them.

At one time I could se where you're coming from but they've shut Middlewood I believe.

Not quite, we also made it conditional that they guaranteed arms purchases as well.

Give countires aid from British tax funds so they will spend it with British firms which creates wealth for us.....an utterly bizarre and wrong headed argument.....the same one used to argue for more public sector workers because they will pay tax, but somebody paid out of tax will never pay as much back in tax, much like awarding aid for the sake of gaining arms contracts, it's indirect subsidisation of an industry if public money finds it's way into an arms firm, via bongo bongo land.

I think the logic behind it is that aid expenditure helps us make friends and just as importantly influence people. You can imagine building a dam in Malaysia which would provide electricity for the whole country goes down well with their politicians and more importantly Joe Public. It has long term benefits with the recipient country, creates social/economic stability within that country and potentially favourable trading relationships in other sectors.

Spending money on arms is less honourable and making them equally so.

So,nothing about the post,just attack the poster....pity you continued writing after 'you make a good argument'

You can only try to explain a basic concept so many times! I'll give it one more shot though...

It is like you feeding the kids next door whilst the dad spent all his money on fast cars and fast women. If someone turned around to you and said you were helping to fund his lifestyle then they'd have a point wouldn't they? It is the same argument with us giving money to Nigeria.

You can only try to explain a basic concept so many times! I'll give it one more shot though...

It is like you feeding the kids next door whilst the dad spent all his money on fast cars and fast women. If someone turned around to you and said you were helping to fund his lifestyle then they'd have a point wouldn't they? It is the same argument with us giving money to Nigeria.

Some people will never get it, some are brainwashed some have ulterior motives.

Yes,I agree,you can only explain so many times,so lets give it one more shot...............Why did the Daily Mail headline say the aid money was going on rockets and astronauts instead of saying the Nigerians money was going on rockets and astronauts and the aid money was going to Nigerian people........the Department For International Development have grasped it and slapped it down for what it is,other posters on here have grasped it and replied with why they think the Daily Mail printed a lie,but you don't seem to be able to address the point....which is,misinformation and lying headlines.

Yes,I agree,you can only explain so many times,so lets give it one more shot...............Why did the Daily Mail headline say the aid money was going on rockets and astronauts instead of saying the Nigerians money was going on rockets and astronauts and the aid money was going to Nigerian people........the Department For International Development have grasped it and slapped it down for what it is,other posters on here have grasped it and replied with why they think the Daily Mail printed a lie,but you don't seem to be able to address the point....which is,misinformation and lying headlines.

Would it be 'mis-information' if your friend told another friend that they thought you were helping fund the lifestlye of the dad next door by feeding the kids whilst he spent his money on fast cars and fast women?

Archived